Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer gave me an out the door price of $6200.00 on K5 AN400. That includes 4 yr extended waranty.
Good, or bad?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Knee Jerk?....
Sounds a bit steep Thunder. Other, fellow 400-ers probably have a better feel there though. Is the K5 much improved over the 4?
-peter

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
That's about the cheapest I got around here when I was pricing new.
The place in town quoted $6205 to be exact.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Lot of places that mite seem fair to me, but not Ft.Lauderdale--if this country had a scooter capital you would be it.. I would think inside of a month or two you should be able to get a one year old scooter (2004) for closer to 5 thousand . You have any number of Suzuki dealers and multi dealers to shop at.
This is just my opinion, but I lived off ( A1A) for 6 years and know a lot of the bike shops.

Reality is a figment of your imagination
I like that. :) but for me
-your imagination is a figment of Reality

·
Registered
409 Posts
Price is a little high but in the ballpark. honda east in Ohio sells the 400 2005 for 4950 plus approx $150 misc fees, 7% tax and about $400 for warranty.

comes to about $5,800.

If your dealer comes down by about $200, you're there

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
thunder53fl
Sorry, some how I was thinking a 2004. :oops:
Your price includes a 300 dollar option, so your close , and if it's a dealer with a good rep. & service dept. ....maybe. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's thinks that price is insanely high?

Suzuki's web site has $5699. retail. I would think you could get quite a bit off that, unless these bikes have suddenly started selling like candy at Halloween.

I got my 650 about this time last year for $6800 otd, though since I bought out-of-state, I had to come up with license and taxes. I added the backrest and Suzuki cover (never used :( ) and still came out well under the $7699 (last year) retail price.

Steve

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Pete said:
Is the K5 much improved over the 4?
2005 Burgman 400 changes
  • Center section of front cowl changed from black color to body color for improved appearance[/*:m:9qb7g167]
  • Turn signal lens changed to white color for improved appearance[/*:m:9qb7g167]

·
Registered
553 Posts
thunder53fl said:
My dealer gave me an out the door price of $6200.00 on K5 AN400. That includes 4 yr extended waranty.
Good, or bad?
I got my 05 an400 for $5199.00 and the 4 year extened warranty for $400.00

·
Registered
30,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thunder53,

Have you been to RIVA in Pompano? I was in last week and they had one 2005 Burgman 400 and two Yamaha Majesty Scooters on the showroom floor.

Make sure you let us know when you pick up your new scooter and are ready to join one of our rides.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sou ... aScooters/

Janine :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Honda/Suzuki dealer in Charlotte NC had a new 04 silver one for 4999 recently.

·
Registered
33 Posts
400 price

I bought my brand new 03 in 04 for 4600.00 and no more fee's period. Find an 04 leftover and beat em up a little. I told them they would make it up on maint. Which they did not as I do my own. Do not drool over the bike and leave the premises for a day or so and then call them and make the offer. It worked for me wonderfully. It is easier to be stern on the phone. Also do not fall for all the fee's. Car dealers do not charge you extra for prep.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So what do you think is a reasonable OTD price for an 05 400 ? I feel that 6000 is probably reasonable. Do most dealers charge dealer prep and all that other crap ? Here in Jax,Fla we have two dealers , but one is really close to where I work.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Seminoles3 said:
So what do you think is a reasonable OTD price for an 05 400 ? I feel that 6000 is probably reasonable. Do most dealers charge dealer prep and all that other crap ? Here in Jax,Fla we have two dealers , but one is really close to where I work.
I have corrected a previous quote ( I was off $100.00) anyway I gave $5099.00 plus $400.00 for 4yr warranty. OTD for my 05 an400

·
Registered
611 Posts
2003 650 with 4 yr warranty, OTD in early 2004 was $6,800 (including the backrest). It was a backmodel sitting on the floor of a place that really only sold 4x4 quad's, but they were required to try and sell at least 1 Burgman 650. They were happy to get rid of it, I was happy to help them. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
What state are you in swstiles? I thought I got a decent price but yours has blown me away? The total out the door price + taxes was 5474.00. The dealer never mentioned an extended warranty. Is that worth the money? I also negotiated 60% off a matching Silver Arai helmet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts