Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you get a chance, pick up the December issue of Rider magazine. they have a test ride of the 2015 Honda NM4 DCT ABS. Looks very nice but the thing that caught my eye was that it is an automatic.

"manual transmissions are nearly extinct among modern cars, so Honda believes an automatic transmission is important for the bike to appeal to a new breed of rider"

Must be talking about Burgman owners

·
Registered
753 Posts
That might have been Hondas very thinking almost 40 years ago with they came out with the CB750A and the CM400A models. They likely assumed that there were sufficient people out there that would buy a motorcycle with an automatic transmission. Both bikes were colossal flops. Sure- they sold a few but for the most part the bikes were about as welcome as a wet leg humping dog at an outdoor wedding.

I am not saying that I never buy one. I just may someday- who knows? A few years ago I would never have pictured myself on a Goldwing or (shudder!) a scooter but times and mindsets change. And going though the gears on a curvy backroad, well, that's part of the fun of it. At least with our 650 Burgies we can still use the shift button if we want, right?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Honda doesn't do automatics....have yet to be on one that is even remotely related to the smoothness and ease of use of the EVCT.

DCP is a kludge.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hello from Thailand. Had the chance to ride one last month in Tokyo, after my 2 hour ride lets just say its an awesome machine. The semi-auto tranny was smooth and in manual mode it shines best. Not to be compared to a Burgman 650 as it rides like a regular motrocycle and I felt a lot more comfortable on it, what I do not like is the two front side boxes and the sides cases are useless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts