Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
We need to find a better test ....
Why drive to Scotland or Wales to enter a Hot Spot to take a Test when you run a higher risk of maybe becoming infected than the odds of getting accurate test results.

I think Bluebottle posted that to shed light on a Political Pundit stepping up to a microphone and announcing that we are going to test everybody on the Island “Operation Moonshot”
when in reality they are having a hard time testing frontline workers and those willing to drive in for a test.

Bb, 100 Billion British Pounds divided by the UK population would equal how many US Dollars per British Citizen?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Not quite - it lists the specific claim made in some headlines as unproven.

There is no 250K headcount in the report itself, so that particular headline as shown is unproven

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Not quite - it lists the specific claim made in some headlines as unproven.

There is no 250K headcount in the report itself, so that particular headline as shown is unproven
Sorry BB, I thought the ( 🤔 ) emoticon was a sarcasm tell. Snopes a trustworthy source to vet internet-lore? 🤣

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Snopes a trustworthy source to vet internet-lore? 🤣
Yes, they have a real smart cat there and a High Tech Litter Box with a T one side and an F on the other ....so with some high tech formula the cat buries his decision on the topic in the sand then a highly trained human staff dig for the Truth in the sand and then prints the results. 💩🤡

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'd sure trust a team of full-time investigators digging for the origins and truths in stories, claims and images before I'd base my beliefs on a random guy on a forum or facebook meme.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Don’t give your trust so easy :

Looking for a different source for Snopes Dirt

💩🙀🤡

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
As long as we're checking on sources...
From the Wikipedia article on Daily Mail:

"In February 2017, the Daily Mail became the first source to be deprecated as an "unreliable source" to use as a reference on the English Wikipedia.[198] Its use as a reference is now "generally prohibited, especially when other more reliable sources exist".[13][199] Support for the ban centred on "the Daily Mail's reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication".[13] Though the Daily Mail strongly contested this decision by the community, Wikipedia's founder Jimmy Wales backed the community's choice, stating: "I think what [the Daily Mail has] done brilliantly in this ad funded world (is) they've mastered the art of click bait, they've mastered the art of hyped up headlines, they've also mastered the art of, I'm sad to say, of running stories that simply aren't true. And that's why Wikipedia decided not to accept them as a source anymore. It's very problematic, they get very upset when we say this, but it's just fact." "

Reactions: Rusty J and Dave_J

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
The Snopes Dirt has been reported by many...I chose the Brit rag since it’s Bluebottle’s thread.

Those Brit Rags used to have some nice CheeseCake Spreads.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Mostly Snopes seems consistently accurate.

They adhere to IFCN policy, including posting corrections if they get things wrong.

Notably it isn’t Snopes’ facts that are under fire.
The Daily Mail previously attacked Snopes with information that turned out to be incorrect, coincidentally they had been fact checked (correctly) by Snopes shortly before.

If associating with and paying off sex workers with organisation funds makes him an untrustworthy, bad person who should not guide us - then giving allegiance and trust to another individual who did seems inconsistent. Is it OK or is it a disqualifying scandal?

Snopes clearly isn’t 2 people and a cat as it’s got about 30 permanent staff plus contributors. The mail itself named others and IFCN specify editors, copy editors etc type structure.
I rate your graphic - FALSE. as it contains claims which are not true :)

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Every stick has two ends.... I don’t use Snopes ...you can
I don’t watch CNN but you can... no fight from me.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Mostly Snopes seems consistently accurate......
The Daily Mail previously attacked Snopes with information that turned out to be incorrect, coincidentally they had been fact checked (correctly) by Snopes shortly before.

If associating with and paying off sex workers with organization funds makes him an untrustworthy and a bad person who should not guide us - then giving allegiance and trust to another individual who did, seems inconsistent. Is it OK or is it a disqualifying scandal?

Snopes clearly isn’t 2 people and a cat as it’s got about 30 permanent staff plus contributors. The mail itself named others and IFCN specify editors, copy editors etc type structure.
I rate your graphic - FALSE. as it contains claims which are not true
. :)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #176

Again, nothing about accuracy of Snopes.

To quote me/Dave
...then giving allegiance and trust to another individual who did, seems inconsistent. Is it OK or is it a disqualifying scandal?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
I will end with this statement: Snopes is No Gold Standard of Fact Checking.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Every stick has two ends.... I don’t use Snopes ...you can
I don’t watch CNN but you can... no fight from me.
Your link contains false information.
Other organisations followed up on the Bud Gregg/State farm story including contacting and naming the person who confirmed it at State Farm.
Snopes did not use the the words attributed to them. They did say State Farm suggested removing a sign and that it was not in keeping with their apolitical policies.

George Soros has bought the entire world about 4 times over according to the “New World Order” conspiracy theorists, meanwhile, I’m still waiting for my check :(

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
I think he would enjoy and compensate you for your writings if your audience was bigger.

Again: Snopes is No Gold Standard of Fact Finding.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
And again - you are basing that on fake information in your links and posts and produced zero evidence from a supposed huge list of inaccuracies if it were true.

If you have now switched to their failure to disclose some shadowy finances, is it wrong that they won’t disclose where their money is coming from/going to in some sort of official document or return?
Does that make them untrustworthy? Does it prove they have something to hide?
Have the ever promised that they would disclose it but failed to do so because too much incriminating evidence and conflicting accounts would show up.

Are you saying that it is proof of deceit, illegal or immoral behaviour and should be a disqualifying scandal?

also:
If associating with and paying off sex workers with organisation funds makes him an untrustworthy, bad person who should not guide us - then giving allegiance and trust to another individual who did, seems inconsistent. Is it OK or is it a disqualifying scandal?

161 - 180 of 202 Posts