Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody installed this GPS/multi device mount?

Part # 990D0-05GGB Looks to be pretty common in Europe.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
It has not been made available here in the States yet. The USA market is the last to get any of the optional stuff. I guess it's because we have the smallest share of the market for Burgmans. The USA in general has not embraced scooters or Auto tranny bikes of any kind. That macho hype about owning a real bike. :(

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Seems very intersting, and possible other applications.

Also, found where it looks like original image came from, and appears the picture of it installed... is on a 400? Maybe just a stock photo though, because product looks different too. But can honestly say I've never thought about mounting something to the handle bar brackets underneath the covers, and having it 'reach' out from the cover.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked TT and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
How, exactly, does it mount?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
How, exactly, does it mount?
Judging from the installation instruction PDF, it seems to bolt on top of the handlebar mounts using the existing handlebar mounting screws. Two slots must be cut into the front (away from rider) edge of the aft handlebar cover so that cover can be slid back into place around the vertical arms of the bracket. Those arms then protrude from the handlebar cover and hold the mounting plate above it.

Also, based on the photos above, the plate to which the GPS would mount is tilted -- and possibly installed -- in the wrong direction -- the vertical arms should be at the rear (toward the rider), not the front.

I guess it would look mostly original, but that would depend on how clean the cuts in the handlebar cover turned out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts