Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thank all the members who offered opinions on what seat to get. Corbin, Russell, Cee Bailey.
I decided to go with Cee Bailey, I put 20,000 miles on last year w/ a reworked stock seat, I don't expect to do much more this year.
Perhaps if I was putting on high mileage then Russell was the way to go, but I am hoping the Bailey seat will do the job and save me 250.dollars at the same time.
I shipped my extra seat out today, so now it's just wait and see... 2 to 3 weeks, I will post my impressions when I get it back and installed. Black basket weave sides, with a gray basket weave top ( for the sun ).
Anyone interested can get an idea here http://www.ceebaileys.com/seats/seatservmain.html

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy,

20,000 miles last year? On a 400? And you don't consider that to be high mileage? :shock:

So... what is your idea of high annual mileage? My all time high was 22,000 (and that was on my Goldwing).

Good luck with the seat. I had a Cee-Bailey windscreen for my V-Strom. It worked fine. Hopefully you'll be able to say the same about their seat.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Randy said:
Perhaps if I was putting on high mileage then Russell was the way to go, but I am hoping the Bailey seat will do the job and save me 250.dollars at the same time.
So, what was the actual cost for the B400 re-worked seat?

And be sure to let us know how you like it when you finally get it.

Ken
:eek:gre:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken;
The seat was reworked three times ! total was 135 dollars, and it was never really any good , just better then stock

Paul,
Down here our supermarket is called HEB, the nearest HEB is 43 miles door to door one way. and I never remember everything I need :D
I don't conceder it very high, but 400 to 600+ a week is no big thing.
Don't forget I ride all year long down here just for enjoyment. But i may only take 4 or 5 "long" trips a year (over 600 miles one way)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Randy said:
Ken;
The seat was reworked three times ! total was 135 dollars, and it was never really any good , just better then stock
Sorry, I wan't clear. From what I read on the Cee Bailey site I thought what they did was to "re-work" the seat.

I was really meaning to ask what the cost of the Cee Bailey is/was.

Ken (writing English as a first through third language) :)

:eek:gre:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: :lol: Very funny Paul !!!! (How did you know)?

Ken,
The price will be $350. + shipping, but that was only $21.50. so far.
There going to have a hard time "reworking" mine, I striped it to the pan !! :D
But I did ask first and was told that was fine :)

They install a BMW seat pan after building up your seat pan to except it, I don't know why they call that reworking. And it's not "one size fits all".
Check out there Seat survey questionnaire !

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cee Bailey got my seat today and called to tell me the cost will be 500.00 dollars, not 350. it is just to big to be done for less.
They will rebuilt out of foam, no seat pan. :roll:
So back to the drawing board.
They will ship it back to me no charge so I am only out the 21.50 to ship it to them............O Well !!!! :(

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
bummer about the seat. Hope you find another solution soon and cheaper than that price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I ordered an AirHawk Cushion for my 400...the "Large" and it seems to fit just about perfect on the seat...tommorrow will be the first test of it and I'll let you know...however I just tried sitting on it and adjusting the inflation and it seemed VERY comfortable.

And at under $170 dollars beats $650 plus for a Corbin with Backrest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts