Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't stop smiling. Order and do the paperwork Friday for a 05 650. New dealer came in at 8100 OTD. Best price yet from any of the local shops. Being out of state doing all the pricing by phone. Fly back home from ELKO tomorrow for a 0900 meeting with the sales manager. I'll let everyone know how it goes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If that included sales tax and all the dealer setup you did great.

Enjoy. I'm having more fun with mine every time I take it out. Played with the power mode today... Can easily figure out why they included it. 8) Not quite sure why they included the manual mode though. I suppose if I want to ride for economy then I could use it to shift earlier than the auto mode does. But why would anyone who bought a 650 want to ride for economy? Hmmm.. :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Simple 4d.

I raced a stock 71 350 vette today from a stop light. OMG!!! Call the SAFETY POLICE amongst us!!! STAT!! Had all my safety equipment attached... sigh. :roll: Yes yes yes gloves full face leather boots etectera.. yawn!

smoked him. (screwed up tho - hit the rev limiter whilst on first) i was 6 scooter lenghts in front of him by 7 grand in third.

then we ended up "toying" with each other for the next 5 miles and 3 stop lights. poor dude. his sled was way more bling than my scooter (shoot - it was a stock, sort of smokin' (after he hammered it in front of me - black smoke, rich, carb issues) '71 4-speed small block 'vette fer cripes sakes!)

any other questions about why the manual mode?

For economy purposes you'll have to triangulate. Sorry. :roll:

No - but really - the burgmans are like any other 2 or 4 cycle powered conveyance. The easier you are on the throttle the better your gas mileage will be. I bet that if I did a "half-tank-get-the-most-out-of-it" mileage thing, I could probably garner about 53 or 55 mpg. I am just too lazy and stupid young slash wild with my money to do that! 8)

I'm just too busy with life (and racing vettes) rather than worry about that sort of thing.

btw Luck - where's "ELKO"?
pedz

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
4DThinker said:
...Not quite sure why they included the manual mode though....
IMNSHO? As a marketing gimmick to stand out further from the Silverwing, and get people talking about it.

I almost never use it now, except when -- like Pete -- I really feel the need for speed (acceleration, that is. Its top end is actually higher, IME, in Normal mode).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I've driven all sorts of manual transmission cars and motorcycles. Done my share of road racing when I was younger, and still have a competitive streak in me. But shifting with my left thumb just doesn't work for me. It feels awkward, and the buttons are poorly placed high on the switch pod.

I've talked to folks who have cars with "auto stick" transmissions also - and everyone so far has said they don't use the feature. What would really drive me nuts are the exotic European cars that have standard transmissions with electronic shifting. This is usually accomplished by using buttons on the steering wheel. It is reverse technology from what we have. Ours is an automatic with manual mode. Theirs is a manual with auto mode. Fortunately, the cars that have that all seem to cost more than my house, so I'll never have to worry about dealing with that. :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks it does cover bike taxes and title. Elko Nevada. 300 miles east of Reno, 280 west of Salt Lake or middle of nowear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts