1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I've been looking for something just like it. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back ordered till 28 Jan nation wide. I tried to order from multiple web sites. No luck. If someone finds one, please let me know.
-Bryan

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
VEST, May be your best investment

BACK ORDERED, RATS, I still won't be able to ride on base. I really like the vest and will order right after Christmas, I hope they have one that fits XXLT, Thanks goose. Oh, and
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.

Happy Trails
Poppy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks Great! Shame about the shipping costs to UK.

Vest £26.44
+ US Shipping and Handling £5.28
+ International Shipping £16.39
+ Customs, Duties, Taxes, Insurance and Handling £25.36

TOTAL £73.48 ($138.91) :shock:

I have ordered one anyway (Motorcycle Superstore) but is there any way around this in future?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
DAFFMAN said:
Looks Great! Shame about the shipping costs to UK.

Vest £26.44
+ US Shipping and Handling £5.28
+ International Shipping £16.39
+ Customs, Duties, Taxes, Insurance and Handling £25.36

TOTAL £73.48 ($138.91) :shock:

I have ordered one anyway (Motorcycle Superstore) but is there any way around this in future?

Get one of our US members to buy it for you and have it shipped as a gift. Surely you won't have to cover the taxes if its a present. Just reimburse the buyer the total cash outlay. It worked for me. I had one of our members get me the 650 manual and I sent him a cheque .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Greengoose, the first time we ran into this requirement was at Ft Bliss at El Paso. Had camped on several militiary bases in the east and had now been required to have the vest. Later in California at Pt Heuneme we bought a couple of vest, about $15 each. We used them for the rest of our summer tour and now use them for night riding. they really make a difference in you night visibility.
Should have clarified, the vest we bought are the regular kind that are commonly used by safety and construction workers, birght orange with a reflective yellow stripe.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I won one, new in package, on E-bay for $66.00.
Whoo Hooo. :cheers: I hope he mails it ASAP.
:reindeer:

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Always happens that way. The day after you buy it you find it cheaper next door.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vest arrived today. Only problem was the side webbing. It has a shoe lace sort of side adjustment. They put the minimal amount of elastic string needed to lace the sides. Im a big bellied pig/guy, (6'2" 230lbs)I could barely zip the front with just a t-shirt underneath. I cut the strings and it will fit nicely over my leather jacket. I just need to find a spool of elastic cord to relace the sides.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Greengoose

Thanks for the heads up on the tight fit. I'm 6' 2" also but go about 305 pounds, all belly also. I'll just have to make one.

Happy Trails,
Poppy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts