Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard about this yesterday. Almost got run over by some illegal racing yesterday. Nice looking Vettes but I chose to pull over so I didn't get creamed by their 100+ mph cars. Seemed like about 25 Vettes and 1 Camaro. The Camaro was way behind.

Was happy to see the local law enforcement talking to them at the fuel station though.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
A red 1984 Corvette....

:oops: :oops: I used to be one of those silly kids. :oops: :oops: There are some very straight rural roads in Montana that just beg people to open the throttle. :D

It's great fun until you see an Open Range (read-loose cows) sign just before a curve... :shock: ....been there done THAT!

Nancy - Sorry you almost got run down. That part was not amusing. It just brought back some fond memories. NONE of which I would like to repeat at 40 mind you. Glad I did it when I was young and stupid and no one got hurt...

Dee

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use to race around like that too. However not in a pack of 20+ cars all going at a high rate of speed in a very populated area.

They do organize legal races though. http://www.openroadracing.com
They shut down the road for that.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sorry...

Nancy,

I'm sorry if I seemed to trivialize your experience. Having 20+ cars around you at those speeds must have been very scary. You made an excellent choice by pulling over. A slight miscalculation on anyones part could have been disasterous for you. Glad everything turned out ok, that you are still with us and that they got at least a talking to.

Dee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts