Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to change my oil but used the wrong one. It's a long stupid story. Instead of using Rotella T6 10-40, I used Rotella T5 10-30. I will replace that with a 10-40 synthetic but do I have to replace it immediately? I will be putting many miles on it this week. Do you think it will do damage if I am going long with it? Thanks :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hello Hammer, it's unlikely you will do damage if you don't change it, but 10-40 is safest. How hard will you be riding? and how hot is the climate you will be in? 10-30 is quite a bit thinner at working temperature than 10-40. You don't need to change the filter to drain it as there is very little oil in there. Just drop the stuff in the engine and replace with the right stuff. It won't be wasted as it will have flushed the engine nicely.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Check your owners manual. Suzuki says that 10W 30 is OK for air temps up to 86 F.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I am off this week and would like not to be monitoring the ambient temperature and thinking about hitting 90 deg weather so I'll just change it. Yeah Buffalo, I looked at the owners manual and thought the same thing. QM, I will be pushing it at around 70 for hours so...Might add some Mystery oil for 40 easy miles before I do that to give it a good flush. Gonna use Mobile 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic 4 Cycle. Expensive but the Burger is my primary ride and right now, my only ride. What price, peace of mind. Right? Beside that, she's worth it. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts