·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 650 Exec [Black] is one year old, 7500 miles. Likes and Don't likes include;

Likes;
Power, Stability, Handling.

Dislikes;
Small fuel-tank, small wind-shield, upright tyre-valves, dieseling noise, short back-rest.

Since new, I have replaced centre-stand, front brake caliper & petrol flap hinge - all under the two year warranty [no cost].

All above considered, I will trade this model next year for the latest one.

·
Registered
822 Posts
hflick said:
My 650 Exec [Black] is one year old, 7500 miles. Likes and Don't likes include;

Likes;
Power, Stability, Handling.

Dislikes;
Small fuel-tank, small wind-shield, upright tyre-valves, dieseling noise, short back-rest.

Since new, I have replaced centre-stand, front brake caliper & petrol flap hinge - all under the two year warranty [no cost].

All above considered, I will trade this model next year for the latest one.
If you're looking for another person's perspective, my 650 is now 14 months old with 13,300 miles on it. I replaced the rear tire at 8,900 miles and the front at 12,000 miles. Other than that, normal maintenance stuff.

Dislikes: Small tires, rough suspension, small gas tank, digital dash (hard to read in sunlight), lack of a neutral switch.

Likes: EC CVT, under-seat storage + glove boxes, great wind protection (legs), step-thru mounting.

·
Registered
553 Posts
hflick said:
My 650 Exec [Black]
Dislikes;
Small fuel-tank,
I can't understand why you guys think the Burgman's have a small fuel tank. The group I ride with SCRC most of them tell me that they can't go much more than 100 miles before they have to get gas. I have rode 187 miles before getting gas and most of the time I fill up between 150 and 170 miles. I need a break by then anyway.

·
Registered
822 Posts
swstiles said:
hflick said:
My 650 Exec [Black]
Dislikes;
Small fuel-tank,
I can't understand why you guys think the Burgman's have a small fuel tank. The group I ride with SCRC most of them tell me that they can't go much more than 100 miles before they have to get gas. I have rode 187 miles before getting gas and most of the time I fill up between 150 and 170 miles. I need a break by then anyway.
I ride with 2 different SCRC chapters about 4x/month. Most of them can go a lot further than I can with my 4-gallon tank! One trip I did with a friend... we filled up, then just 50 miles after that was a sign "next services 85 miles". That is just not comforting at all! Suzuki calls the 650 a "touring machine"... I'll have to disagree based solely on the gas tank; there's many, many roads in this country where you won't find a "next service" for 100 miles or so - and that's after you just filled up 50-60 miles back! You may be getting close to 200 miles on a tank, but there's a lot of things that affect gas mileage - road, road surface, altitude, straight/twisty, speed, wind direction & speed, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
639 Posts
hflick said:
Dislikes;
Clearview in the USA should be able to get you a much larger windshield for your 650. BUSA member Alburg has sent them a hole template for the 650 Executive's with the electric windshield. Top holes were fine, it was the two bottom holes that are in a different position.

Al loves his new wider and taller windshield - great wind protection!

You may want to give Clearview a query via e-mail. 8)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would really like at least a 300 mile range beacause I need to plan my gas stops a bit more than I'd like. I like to ride in the evenings and take the back roads - so that limits the open gas stations that I encounter (not too many small town stations stay open late).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts