Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago I was looking for a Helix, but I also liked the Burgman. After having spending some time lurking at this site I made a snap decision, with 2 min. to go I bid on a 400 at Ebay ( had never seen one except for pictures).
Two days later I went to pick it up, the bike had 365 miles on it and more important I felt I could adopt to the fit, happy to say I have.
Fast forward - 17,650 miles on the bike now ( just a few weeks short of 1 year) and I can report, no trouble with the bike -a few minor issues but of no consequents -
Reliability, ease of handling, power, brakes, over all cost of operation, maneuverability, conspicuity,
all rate higher then I could have hoped for. This scooter really is a lot of fun while being a very practical mode of transportation.
I have no doubt there are other bikes & scooters that can say the same , but this is the one I own and am very happy with. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is a lot of miles in one year ... are they mostly highway or city miles? I only managed around 15k two-wheeled myself but ride as much as I can. I guess working from home doesn't help. I just got a bigger scoot last month and have managed to rack up over 1000 even with bad weather. I hope to have a trouble free year like you did. Just for giggles, what were the minor problems you had?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Glad to hear your first year with the Burgman was enjoyable. Hopefully I will have the same experience when I get mine, even though I don't think I'll log that many miles!!! 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
That sure is a lot of (s)miles! :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norman -
Yea, I have this stupid grin on my face even when I'am mad

JD-
There good machines, should give you many - to quote Norman -(s)miles

texascycle-
My "local" HEB is 49 miles one way,all highway, there are closer stores, but I like HEB and keep forgeting things when I'am there :roll:
My brake handle fell off, both headlights went out, oil filler cap got cross threaded, broke 4 plastic clips, wore out the replacement tire (Pirelli) rear in 4 000 miles, Seat lock would not open
That's enough, don't want you to wear yourself out giggling :(
PS. I also ride up your way whenever I can, it's only 200 miles to the hill country :wink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Randy,

Sounds like you must be in the middle of King's Ranch :!: :!:

I guess you have had wear and tear but no major mechanical problems. Much easier to deal swallow. Kinda sounds like my KLR650 ... given enough time it would just shake things off, but reliable as heck. I learned to check every bolt, clip and screw regularly and all was fine.

Whenever you are ready to hit the hills, just let me know. I am always ready for some twisties :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts