Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger and bought and installed a Givi Airflow AF266 for my 2007 AN400. $256 including shipping.

After reading all the reviews on windshields, getting the adjustable Airflow seemed to be the best for me. I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area and days like today where it is 49 degrees in the morning and 80 on the way home have proved that the ability to adjust the windshield for different conditions is worth the extra $80-$90.

After reading the forums and realizing that the original 2 lower OEM bolts were to be reused, it only took me 30 minutes to install it. All I used was a little spit to get the rubber grommets installed and I was good to go. Thanks to everyone who posted install tips!

Riding with the Airflow is about as good you are going to get on a Burgman. You can actually hear the engine running and any frame squeaks over bumps that you didn't know you had! In the cold morning, I have it adjusted so I can see over the windshield at about 30 feet, so I'm just peeking over it, and it keeps the cold air to a minimum. When it warms up, it it adjusted down so I can see about 10 feet in front over the windshield. If it is super hot outside, just take the top part off, put it in a pillow case and stick it under the seat.

Buffeting is GONE. You feel a new sensation at 65mph, a little back pressure. My scarf actually blew forward a few times. At 65mph you can almost ride without earplugs. If I'm on the freeway with loud trucks and stuff I would still wear them as on any motorbike.

I've also never experienced the benefit of any Givi windshield: the hand extension flaring built in. No more cold hands!

In summary, any windshield for a Maxi-Scooter wont fix 100% of your issues, but the Givi AF266 for me is pretty **** good.

Gary

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks for the review. I'm considering one for my 400...the stock piece is pretty weak.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger and bought and installed a Givi Airflow AF266 for my 2007 AN400. $256 including shipping.

After reading all the reviews on windshields, getting the adjustable Airflow seemed to be the best for me. I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area and days like today where it is 49 degrees in the morning and 80 on the way home have proved that the ability to adjust the windshield for different conditions is worth the extra $80-$90.

After reading the forums and realizing that the original 2 lower OEM bolts were to be reused, it only took me 30 minutes to install it. All I used was a little spit to get the rubber grommets installed and I was good to go. Thanks to everyone who posted install tips!

Riding with the Airflow is about as good you are going to get on a Burgman. You can actually hear the engine running and any frame squeaks over bumps that you didn't know you had! In the cold morning, I have it adjusted so I can see over the windshield at about 30 feet, so I'm just peeking over it, and it keeps the cold air to a minimum. When it warms up, it it adjusted down so I can see about 10 feet in front over the windshield. If it is super hot outside, just take the top part off, put it in a pillow case and stick it under the seat.

Buffeting is GONE. You feel a new sensation at 65mph, a little back pressure. My scarf actually blew forward a few times. At 65mph you can almost ride without earplugs. If I'm on the freeway with loud trucks and stuff I would still wear them as on any motorbike.

I've also never experienced the benefit of any Givi windshield: the hand extension flaring built in. No more cold hands!

In summary, any windshield for a Maxi-Scooter wont fix 100% of your issues, but the Givi AF266 for me is pretty **** good.

Gary
Yup. Best thing I ever changed on any bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I've been using it for a few days and here's and updated review: AWESOME! I do not need earplugs unless I anticipate riding on the freeway! You can actually hear the engine.....

Best thing I ever did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts