Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got the ignition switch problem solved just now. Ride it home, and my dad said one headlight went out. What can I check to fix it, and how could I replace the bulb if needed. And if I do need to replace it, how can I replace them all with H.I.D lights. Thank you all for the help I've received. I'm only 17 and this is my first bike.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
You probably have a burned out bulb. Hit the dimmer switch and see it the other beam for that light comes on. It is unusual for both the high and low beams to burn out at the same time.

If both don't come on then I would suspect they did not get the plug back on that light when they were changing the ignition switch.

You can reach up over the front tire and feel the back of the headlights. See if you can tell if the plugs are in place on both bulbs.

You can also change the bulbs that way but you will have to do it by feel. If you actually want to see what you are doing you will have to pull the front fairing off.

The basic procedure is to pull the plug off. Then pull the rubber boot off. Once it is off you can feel a metal spring clip that you will have to unlatch. Once it is unlatched you can pull the bulb out.

I can't answer the HID question as I have never looked into it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I,v been looking to replace My HID im getting Sick of them!! im waiting for a LED bright to replace the HID there just a Mess of Power eating Lights reasons why i liked them becuze there Always White at all times of the the day ,As with Builbs mostly Yellow looking at times,. there will soon be replacing them with new LED based Headlights...

Elliott,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Youtube has a great video explaining the replacement. Micbergsma is the author. I've done it twice, it's easy. The headlights are at Walmart for 7-10 bucks.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
If it actually "...went out for no reason" than it cannot be repaired as there would be nothing nothing broken.

But seriously folks, as others have said check the simple stuff first, the lamp, fuse(s), then check for voltage at the socket--if none then check at the fuse, if still none then it is most likely a wiring problem...

Here's a colour wiring diagram in a PDF file...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts