Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Now I'm all for legal lane splitting / sharing / filtering. I've done it for decades here in CA and am quite comfortable with it.

BUT, that little display of riding had certain body parts puckering just watching it. My God, he was insane! Doing over 80 mph at times, filtering through other MCs, beside busses and walls. That was inexcusably dangerous and stupid!

It's riders like him who give us all a bad name and, unfortunately, get laws written that prevent the rest of us sane riders from participating in a perfectly safe practice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There another word for him, Organ Donor.........

Andy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope he's not giving tips on "How To Ride in Traffic"!!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Blah blah blah

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A Polish? maniac this time! It only needs one car door to open and you are forever in a long box. Blah blah blah indeed.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's idiots like this that give the rest of us bikers a bad name.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's it, Inferno -- and as a former medic i can tell he was on drugs.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
A group of sport bikers once asked cruiser fellows why they don't greet 'em on the road and don't want to make friends with 'em. And the cruiser owners answered, "What's a point -- you all are new every year!"

In memory of one rider from Germany whose videos were thrilling to watch

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
That's it, Inferno -- and as a former medic i can tell he was on drugs.
As a retired ER RN, I agree. It appears that man was higher than a kite. On an amphetamine I would guess.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The link is to a Dutch website, but he's sure not speaking German!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I lane split and filter all the time but always with due care and attention, this guys has a death wish.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Is lane splitting legal in the USA? I have always waited in traffic around here, traffic isn't very much out here on the great Plaines.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Is lane splitting legal in the USA? I have always waited in traffic around here, traffic isn't very much out here on the great Plaines.
While not explicitly legal (ie there's no law against it), it is tolerated in CA. The CHP, recently gave guidelines on how to do it properly, thus giving it legitimacy. There are explicit laws in the books, however, that make it illegal to block a riders path and endanger the rider. So for all intents and purposes, it is legal in CA within limits, but no other state to the best of my knowledge. And certainly not like the subject of this video.

They are currently conducting a study on its safety. The results may influence the laws in other states should it prove positive.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
When riders like that get killed all the local bikers get mad and blame the car drivers and such crap. You can only hope that only the rider dies in a major crash doing that crap.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am only fluent speaking english, although I have travelled around a bit. The language spoken would seem to be oriental to me, maybe Japanese? Really would like to know where this was filmed!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts