Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires were great up to 800 miles now won't hold air for more than a couple of hours , both front and rear ??? . What's up wit dat ? New tires should be here tomorrow or Friday .

800 Miles , that's it ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think that you should ask the company about only getting 800 miles on the tires. If they will not refund what you paid for them maybe they will give you a new set that you can use later on.

Bill

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that you should ask the company about only getting 800 miles on the tires. If they will not refund what you paid for them maybe they will give you a new set that you can use later on.

Bill

The tires started getting squirrelly a few days ago so I ordered a set of OEM's just in case . I can fill the tires and it will be fine , a few hours later I'm all over the road again . In 3 or 4 hours I lost 10 pounds of air . I've always bought the top of the line tires for my cars and bikes , this is the fist time I've tried a cheap tire . NEVER AGAIN !

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
You are far from being the first motorcycle/scooter rider
that is disappointed with Shinko tires.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are far from being the first motorcycle/scooter rider
that is disappointed with Shinko tires.
I wouldn't have ever tried them but XXXX said he had good luck with them , so I figured WTF I'll give them a go .

All I can say is I'm cured , won't do that again LOL

TheReaper!

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
The question is WHERE is the air going???? Spray some dish soap around the tires and valve stem and watch for bubbles. It sounds like you ran over some debree and have punched both tires. If so, not the tires fault.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went out to the garage to see what the air pressure was , the front was down 10lbs , the rear was guess how many pounds ? NONE ! Not enough to register on the gauge . It's to late to start the compressor up (I live in a condo) , I'll check it out tomorrow . Either way those tires are coming off ASAP , I got an email from Motorcycle Super store that they had been shipped so I should have it back on the road by the weekend . No big deal , I'll drive the tmax for a couple of days .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have you really examined your valve stems? They fail without warning sometimes as they age. During the mounting of the Shinko's they may have developed some splits. This story is highly unusual.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you really examined your valve stems? They fail without warning sometimes as they age. During the mounting of the Shinko's they may have developed some splits. This story is highly unusual.
Replaced stems with the tires , every thing is new and worked for 800 miles and about one month .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had 3 Shinko's on the rear of my motorcycle - no problems w/ air loss or unusual wear. If you find out what the problem is, please report back.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had a pair of Shinkos on my 400 and never had any problem at all with losing air (until I picked up a nail in the rear).

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
is it the tire or your valve core that is leaking, check them or replace the valve cores, they cost about 50 cents.

I have never had any issues with air leakage on my shinkos, I am on my second front and rear and they both always held air perfectly.

who installed the tires? were they seated properly?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
is it the tire or your valve core that is leaking, check them or replace the valve cores, they cost about 50 cents.

I have never had any issues with air leakage on my shinkos, I am on my second front and rear and they both always held air perfectly.

who installed the tires? were they seated properly?
My dealer , and they have really good mechanics there , in fact the best around .

I filled the tires this morning at 11 AM 42 rear 40 front , an hour later rear had 25 front 37 . I then got on the ground with a squeeze bottle of water and found nothing . Then while on the ground I slowly spun the wheels looking for any thing sticking out . I found nothing on the front after numerous spins . On the rear however a different story , I found a 5/16th piece of what appears to be a sliver of plastic possible from a broken tail light ? I pulled it out and the air started coming out where you could hear it exiting . If that's all it takes is a tiny sliver of plastic to puncture one of these tires , you can write me off their list of customers . See for yourself .

Let me say that for 800 miles these tires road smooth and very quite then .....

NOT SO MUCH !

TheReaper!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I may rethink a Shinko.on my front based on your posts and others concerning knots and stuff. Still no problems with my rear tire though.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
My dealer , and they have really good mechanics there , in fact the best around .

I filled the tires this morning at 11 AM 42 rear 40 front , an hour later rear had 25 front 37 . I then got on the ground with a squeeze bottle of water and found nothing . Then while on the ground I slowly spun the wheels looking for any thing sticking out . I found nothing on the front after numerous spins . On the rear however a different story , I found a 5/16th piece of what appears to be a sliver of plastic possible from a broken tail light ? I pulled it out and the air started coming out where you could hear it exiting . If that's all it takes is a tiny sliver of plastic to puncture one of these tires , you can write me off their list of customers . See for yourself .

Let me say that for 800 miles these tires road smooth and very quite then .....

NOT SO MUCH !

TheReaper!
Hate to tell you but a piece of tail light plastic can puncture the OEM Bridgestone too. It happened to a friend of mine.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hate to tell you but a piece of tail light plastic can puncture the OEM Bridgestone too. It happened to a friend of mine.
I'm sure that it can , but a piece as small as mine ? I still haven't found the problem with the front tire , but I'll have them check it when they put the OEM's on . All the years I've been riding I've always bought the best tires and replaced them early if any thing . This is the first time I have had any problems with tires . In fact I can't remember ever having a flat NEVER !

This is MY OPINION , I would NEVER buy another cheap tire again . These may work just fine for some one else and I say more power to them , it's just not for me . It was a $180 experiment , 80 for the tires and 100 to have the dealer install them . Ya live and ya learn ? If and when I find out what the problem is with the front , I'll post it here for any one who has an interest .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The one in his tire was also small, maybe a 1/2 inch long at most.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I recently try service of a stealership who claim have the 3 best mechanic in 100 mile area, what mistake I do, have many problem with this stealership, return 3 time for thing not correct after they install new tire and then brake job in rear, they very terrible, me never go back, so claim of good service is far from that.

I see puncture like that you have from small piece glass, plastic with Bstone, Michelin, Dunlop and Metzeler tire, it happen to all brand tire.

What find very curious, you have problem with both front & rear at same time, both install at same stealership.

Suggest you find leak source on front also, perhap valve become source or very very small puncture or crack sometime very difficult to find .

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Anything is possible, but I think you either have multiple punctures or have suffered a rim failure by hitting something stiff....

if the tires were defective, they would have lost air after being mounted, chances of both of them having the same leak issue is possible, but probably not the case.

I have suffered multiple punctures in the past on both the front and rear, very tiny nails,

you will know more once you take the tires off the rim, inspect them from the inside.

I just installed a new front this past week-end and I have been checking the pressure on daily to make sure that it isn't leaking and thus far, it has held up like its predecessor. Steady 40 psi on the front and 42 psi on the rear.

what I can tell you from my experience with the shinkos thus far is that the beads seem to be stiffer than the OEMs

I changed the rears at 8k intervals and the front at 11k this time around, super happy with them...

a set of shinkos, front and rear, is about $95.00 shipped. add another $30 or so to mount them if you take the wheel off yourself.

good luck....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts