Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts
As noted above. First thing to check is your shorts, assuming you didn't just lay down 600 lbs of machine..I have done this when a drunk pulled in front of me.
Plastic is cheap....
The statement regarding locking 'em means they're as strong as they can be since the most a brake can do is stop a wheel.
My note was to the effect that I didn't really find any notable difference between the pads, save that the OEM seemed a bit more quiet.
I failed to mention that I felt the EBC also seem to chew the rotor a bit more as well.
It's possible the EBC can brake a bit faster or generate less fade due to the increased metallic content in them.
I haven't measured that or noted that; however I have ridden both in the mountains around here & found no issues with either.
Of course if you have ABS locking the brakes would be much harder to do, so the statement becomes more philosophical vs. real.

Tromper , I’ve never locked mine up before .....I’ve got an 06 10k mile non ABS should they lock up if so what should i check ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just order new brake pads for my 650 Burgman. I can't believe the cost. On ebay I paid $250 for front right and left and rear brakes.

Then I bought a new front tire.

I probably won't have to worry about doing it again. I am 71 years old.

I thought my Honda VTX1300 was expensive. I sold that one last year and bought my burgee.

Just blowing off a little steam.

View attachment 91336
I just ordered front & rear Shinko tires for my 03 650 on Amazon. $101.00 for both delivered. That is very reasonable to me. Brake pads for my wifes 400 were $27.00 for front and rear. That seems reasonable also.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just replaced my rear pads. The dealer supplied EBC, and the cost was $24.45.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just, Aug 2020, paid $120 for L,R,Rear pad sets from "Parts Outlaw" recommended on our "BurgmanUSA" site was the cheapest Suzuki OEM Parts, PartsOutlaw.com. About 3X aftermarket .... The part #s are OEM Suzuki although I have not received the pads yet. Their delivery schedule was lengthy...... like 3 weeks. I also listened to "Car Talk: since they started in 1980 or so and do abide by their philosophies. Yup, that was 40 years ago. I counted on my fingers. I didn't have enough fingers to count the years since 1947. Uh..... calculator says 73! These Burgmans sure do love the elderly. The elderly sure do love Step-Through. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just order new brake pads for my 650 Burgman. I can't believe the cost. On ebay I paid $250 for front right and left and rear brakes.

Then I bought a new front tire.

I probably won't have to worry about doing it again. I am 71 years old.

I thought my Honda VTX1300 was expensive. I sold that one last year and bought my burgee.

Just blowing off a little steam.

View attachment 91336
Yeah I bought some on ebay last year. $16.85 now but I paid $13.60 Front Rear Brake Pads for Suzuki AN650 AN650A AN650Z Burgman 650 ABS 2003-2017 | eBay

·
Registered
884 Posts
I need to replace my front rotors they are alas worn out and the bobbins and discs no longer see eye to eye. At slow speed they sound like castanets. Cant complain they have done 62k miles. They are just on the wear limit and here in UK we have an annual test called the MOT. It will fail. Got to October though. Likely go for EBC

21 - 28 of 28 Posts