Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Ladies Night at the local Suzuki shop and got an Olympia Jacket. I was really drawn to the neoprene neck insert. People keep laughing at me because of all the neck wraps that I use. I need something to cover the back of my neck because of migraines from the cool/cold air. It is on the expensive side, but a lot cheaper than a trip to the ER to get rid of the headache. This really seems to be what I am looking for. It also has a zippered insert liner. Plus it has all of the other pading and things a rider needs. I had never known about Olympia before, but am sort of looking forward to cold weather now.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/ladies ... rglide.htm

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mary,

I have worn Olympia riding gloves for many years. Very comfortable, and very good quality. I still wear a pair for Summer riding. I didn't know that they also sell riding jackets. That may be fairly new. I see that for men they have both leather and fabric choices in jackets. Thanks for the info! After you ride with the jacket for awhile, you might consider doing a review in our "Product Reviews and evaluations" section.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Congrats Mary! Sounds awesome. Also, another thought: you can double a Zub and it really blocks wind on the neck, too. (In case you want to keep the jacket open at the top.) Zubs are made from a stretchy synthetic, cost about $15, and can be refashioned into skull caps, bandanas, etc.

http://www.zubwear.com

I now swear by them and keep two with me--one as a do-rag, the other in case of neck chill. Work a lot better than a bandana, even with a full-face helmet.

Cheers,

Bryna
P.S. Just bought Olympic gloves and really like them. Very nice quality.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bryna, I looked at the demo video and it looks great. I will be ordering a couple soon. My husband wears bandana's a lot and I am sure he will love this. Gee! something else to spend money on. I can't think of which pasttime is more expensive, biking or downhill skiing? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a man at the Ride For Kids today and asked about his Olympia Jacket and how he likes it. He said that it is great and really loves it. He said that it is super in the summer with the mesh and it is just as good in the cooler weather. I asked him if he had riden with it in the cold weather and he said no, but had been in 30 degree weather and it was fine. I don't know about you folks, but 30 degrees is pretty **** cold to me, so I don't know what he thinks cold really is? :? So, it sounds as if this jacket meets my needs.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ha! 30 degrees F is cool enough to be invigorating. I've ridden in the teens, and even in the single digits. With heated riding gear, 20 degrees is tolerable. Single digits hurts. Doesn't matter what I have for windscreen and riding gear, after a few miles it hurts. But give me a sunny 25 degree day in January when the roads are reasonably clean, and I'm liable to sneak out for a ride. :wink:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mary, cool! Yeah, this can be expensive! Keep reminding myself we're not taking vacations because the bikes are our vacations. :D

Rode yesterday in 50-60 degree weather in the a.m. Had the Zub doubled over so it covered my neck and up the back of my head (to where the bandana Zub was). Absolutely NO draft between the helmet and the jacket! It was wonderful! :) And it's so light, you forget you're wearing it.
Wore it in today--same thing.

Bandanas are great for wetting down in the summer and wiping off the bike (not the same one! LOL) but the Zubs are now my fave accessory. In the summer, worn as a do-rag, it kept my head from getting sweaty under the helmet.

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is now getting a little chilly and I have finally been able to wear my Olympia in colder weather and love it. The collar is fantastic.

Bryna, thank you for the Zub site. I ordered a few of them and have been wearing them too. My neck is now nice and comfy and no headaches.

·
Registered
969 Posts
FrankD,
Nice of you to drop in. Welcome! Post more!
Steve

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Mary and DonRich,

Glad you've found the Zub info helpful. Between the Zub and my Widder jacket's heated collar, I get zero draft on my neck even in 40-degree weather. It's a beautiful thing!

Enjoy,

Bryna

1 - 12 of 12 Posts