Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Arthritis kept me from buying another cycle and my Burgie is the only benefit I've seen from this medical deterioration I'm going through. I guess we all fall apart eventually and I have had my years going fast on big assed bikes. I love this "scooter" and it's far from slow.

I look forward to reading the forums and learning about my new toy and will contribute when I can.

Nice to meet y'all......

Pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum: Lots of great stuff here to read about the best darn Motorcycle/Scooter on the planet. Hope you enjoy your Burgman as much as I do.See ya on the Big Road. Ray

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Bought my 650 for hand problems - ended with the best all around machine I've owned in 43 years of riding.
Others here may concur.
- the 650s are fine machines twisty, highway or city....just watch using the front brake on low speed turns.....can torque you over right quick and feathering the rear brake a bit will help the throttle control at low speeds which can be a tad choppy.

Enjoy your new ride :thumbup:

BTW Celebrex is your friend ;)

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hello and welcome from Northern Virginia, I am sure your going to learn that you got a wise choice in your Burggy :thumbup: , you will fine lots and lots of info on repairing when needed, buying aftermarket items, and just good old Bling :lol: here on this web site, when you get time though please let us know where your from; you will fine there members here from all over the place. any way ride safe and happy trails, zack

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Welcome from another old guy, 73 and still going. You will love the 650.

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Registered
339 Posts
I traded in my R1200R for the Burgman 650 Exec. Usually I go through a bike every 2 years. It seems I'll be keeping my Burgman 650 longer than 2 years. Surprisingly it is more comfortable and smoother than my former R1200R and F800GS. What you may notice is that the suspension is fine until the road gets bumpy or uneven. Otherwise, it is hard to fault the Burgman.

Other than servicing and changing the oil, everything works fine. I plan to take it on one more interstate trip when it cools down in Sept/Oct. I find the Burgman very enjoyable at any age :thumbup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
[BTW Celebrex is your friend ;)[/quote]By "MacDoc"

I'm of the age where I need help with my body ageing. I went from Tylenol to Aleeve to Celebrex. After a heart to heart talk with my doctor I went back to using Tylenol. As much and as often as I need it. Celebrex is an Rx drug and expensive. Aleeve is over the counter and for me worked better. However, if you read the fine print or even the ads on TV they state taking them for long periods or for older people THEY CAN KILL YOU! I'm surprised the government lets them advertize it for arthritis relief as these are a permanent affliction. Once in a while after a long hard day in the saddle I will take an Aleeve but not every day.

May I also suggest getting a good backrest and a gel seat. It does wonders for your back on long rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there Older rider. Am 69 with arthritis as well. Cannot walk too far so use it for any short trip to shops etc. as well as cruizing long distance. Love the ride and use my motorcar only when I cannot mount the bike.
Perigrinator

·
Registered
50 Posts
i am 77 and just got my 650 a few months ago and love it, the braking took some getting used to but like it now, you just have to adjust your stopping distance i understand it isn't so easy on the rear tire as it will wear out sooner but worth it
erv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts