Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
70 now....rode from florida to texas in september going to ride back to texas in a couple of weeks.... no plans on ending riding....

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
70 now....rode from florida to texas in september going to ride back to texas in a couple of weeks.... no plans on ending riding....

What’s the best route from Texas to Florida avoiding freeways ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh not so sure.....good non freeway from dothan al to talahassee tho... the rest i do freeways.....380 is good across texas and new mexico rural roads in texas are generally excellent

·
Registered
19 Posts
At 70 l rode with a group RT 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica peer. I had the only Burgman this year, but sometimes they have 2 or 3 in the group. A lot of Honda And Harley trikes too.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What’s the best route from Texas to Florida avoiding freeways ?
Gulf of Mexico?

I'll be 65 in a few months. Then I'll be in good company. 😁

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm 73. My 2011 Burgman 650 is a downsize after many years on Gold Wings (1200 with sidecar, 1500, 1800). As I never ride 2-up, the Burgman does everything as well as the GW. Except cruise control; I'd LOVE to have a real cruise control!
I started in 1969 on a 50cc (sic) Harley. My first scooter was a 250cc Harley Topper junker.
In the early 1970s, when my wife and I shared a BMW R60/5, I had the enjoyable and relatively unusual experience of spending half the time riding pillion as we traveled around the U.S.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
LOL..I’m not going to ask how you kept your hands warm....;) Where you located hscohen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am wondering how many of you Burgman addicts out there are over 65? I'm 69+ and just passed 1000 miles on my new 2008 650. I absolutely love it!! This is how I stay young, mentally at least.

Ted
71 and wishing I had started riding years ago. Got an old 650 that was rebuilt from 2 wrecked 650s. Runs like a charm!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts