Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering how many of you Burgman addicts out there are over 65? I'm 69+ and just passed 1000 miles on my new 2008 650. I absolutely love it!! This is how I stay young, mentally at least.

Ted

·
Registered
30 Posts
Age 74 now, but I was ONLY 70 when I purchased my 650 K3.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, by the time I get this posted I'll be about 67 and 1/2

Over 50 years of riding and looking forward to another one or two, hopefully, maybe,perhaps.Oh well, whatever.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have had a bike of some kind ever since I was 23, I like the burg better than any one of them. I am 68 now and ride all year around. I have heated clothing that plug in. Hope to be still riding at 80.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I'm 70 and started riding in 1986 witha 250cc Helix. Traded up for a 03 B400 when they first were imported to the US and just recently sold the B400 and moved up to an 07 B650. I put 3K miles on so far and have that big ole Burgie grin whenever I ride. I have a friend who rides a Gold Wing and after trying out my 650 he went out and bought a 06 B650 executive. Now the Gold Wing sits in the garage. Tom

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm 66 and have been riding since my early teens on just about anything with two wheels except dirt bikes. Of more than 25 bikes the Burgman is my favorite.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Frostman is 76 and my beautiful co-pilot is 70 and we're still going strong. We have other rides,but the Burgermeister is our favorite. 22,000 miles and counting.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm 81, have a 2004 400 I bought 2 years ago,put on about 5000 miles . Also drive an 82 GL1100 Goldwing with a Watsonian Monaco sidecar.. Been motorcycling for 46 years .
My first bike was a 1949 BMW R24 I had when I was 19 in France with USAF.

·
Administrator
17,424 Posts
Dougbo, you were 70 when this post was started. :grin
Age does not matter as much as condition.

I am but 63 of the suns trip from the Tropic of Capricorn up past the equator to the Tropic of Cancer. But my body acts like its been here for 80 of those trips. :frown But with a few breaks I have been riding over 45 years and have 160,000 miles just on Burgman 650's. :laugh
Keep on keeping on.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
I'm 81, have a 2004 400 I bought 2 years ago,put on about 5000 miles . Also drive an 82 GL1100 Goldwing with a Watsonian Monaco sidecar.. Been motorcycling for 46 years .
My first bike was a 1949 BMW R24 I had when I was 19 in France with USAF.
Dougbo
You sir are what we aspire to. Living long and continuing to ride are what I am hoping for. I look back at the decades since I took my first ride on a 50cc Honda, it has been quite a ride (no pun intended). Seeing the date of the original post, we have all seen a lot of water under the bridge since then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my Burgman last year when I was 63. Turned 64 a short 20 days ago on Oct 10th and I still like my Mega-Scooter. I can get my legs high enough to clear the hump so I can ride when I want to again. My Nomad sits in the back yard... waiting.

Henry in

·
Registered
763 Posts
I guess I'm a young pup here. Just turned NOT 50 fifty something … hitting the big 60.
Over 100K in right at 10 years of actual riding.
Over 65K smiles on 5 different Burgmans :)
Long live the Burgman!

P.S. David Willet is one of my Burgman hero's.:notworthy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm 75 yrs old and I ride a 2015 Burg400. I've owned two Burg 400s in the past as well as a Silverwing or two.

I started riding motorcycles in 1961 or 62, and have owned at least 15 motorcycles over the years before moving to scooters. The move to scooter was due to a low back injury and not so much my age. I would actually prefer to be on a motorcycle but I haven't found one that will work for me yet. So for the time being, I will stick to my Burg and keep riding it for as long as I can.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts