Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY YOUUUUU GUYYYYYSSSS!!!

I am the proud pappa of a brand, spankin, clean, sweet, dazzling new BLUE January 2005 Burgman 650 !!!!

:headbang: :wav:

Now, all I need is a nickname for my new toy.
I have some suggestions that I would like for you to vote on. Or, you can suggest some of yours. Remember, I am a MALE, and I want some kind of MANLY nickname. I was impressed by the nickname "Vader" or "Darth Vader" for one of the bikes on this forum. That got me started wanting one for mine.

Ok, vote away.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
since you are going by captain fish, maybe you could call it
stingray or orka (like the whale) shamoo (is that they name of the Orka?) Jaws, pirana....

Just a thought....

Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats! Did you already pick it up? Pray for good weather so you can get out.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Phil,

Yeah, I bought it this afternoon and they delivered it to me around 6pm.
I immediately put it in my shed as it has been raining almost constantly since December. Kind of weird though. The guy had a very nice trailer but had two boards of unequal length as the ramp. You would think, a dealer that makes a number of deliveries would have a decent metal ramp to assist in the loading/unloading of BIG bikes.

I do not have a garage. I am trying to track down the owner of the empty house next to me to see if I can rent their garage.... heck, I may even just move over there just for the garage.

Hmmmm, the Blue Stingray......kinda like that one too. "Shamoo"????
Makes it sound like the thing is FAT, SLOW, ... guess we could call the US bikes "Shamoo"s whereas the UK bikes seem to have taken on the nickname "Lardy". heheheee

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you should call your Burgman "Charlie". That's going by the captainfish theme that Pinwheel suggested. :lol:

If that doesn't work for you... then I don't know. I'm not really into naming my bikes. :lol:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

: ROFL :

I like that one...CHARLIE. charlie the tuna can.

But... its not burly, it does not give a sense of danger, terror, agressiveness, power....

And... 4Dthinker.... "bluebird"?.... I think not!!!! I had a friend suggest the Blue Bonnet and I about slapped them. :D

Ok, NormB, you got any suggestions from across the blue puddle?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Let's see . . . tuna . . .

Bluefin, Yellowfin (Allison), Albacore, Bigeye, Binto . . .

Any others?

Steve

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Manly name...

The Blue Barracuda. Manly, aggressive AND fish themed! What more could you want?

:D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
How about "The Blue Streak" -- The Streak for short.

It's fast and sleek, and goes like a streak of lightning.

Plus, when you get your first scratch on it you'll be swearing a blue streak. :eek:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If you don't have a place for a garage, you can get a bike barn. A friend of mine has one. And it works great. He got the tourer size for the Volusia. it is an alternative for no garage/shed to keep a bike.

The Barracuda is a good name. I like that one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
How about Blue Fish as they sure do taste good fresh caught and grilled. Or the Blue Marble since this is a toy.

Have fun on your new ride but be careful out there the Blue Streak moves pretty fast!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's a genuinely manly (and sorta fishy) option. Wasn't there a movie or two about a kid and an orca, called "Free Willie" or somesuch? Of course you might, might, not wanna call it Willie. Phrases like "I keep Willie in the shed" or "my Willie is blue" or "Willie is 89 inches" or (introduction to new girlfriend) "heeeere's Willie!" -- possibilities abound.

Or not.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pinwheel said:
If you don't have a place for a garage, you can get a bike barn. A friend of mine has one. And it works great. He got the tourer size for the Volusia. it is an alternative for no garage/shed to keep a bike.
Are you sure about that link? It appears to be a bicycle shop in California. I didn't see any kind of motorcycle enclosures.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree with many of the posters here, and I like the Bluefin or Bluefish aquatic theme. Perhaps something a little less edible and a little more dangerous? :twisted:

Try the blue shark. My only objection to it is on the grounds that the blue shark is a very svelte shark. :wink:

Simon

·
Registered
127 Posts
The U.S. Navy used to have a submarine the USS Blueback? It was one of the last diesels in service.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
sorry about the bad link. left THE out. it's fixed now.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts