Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I have done my homework and have only found one thread that shows a mod geared to see your oil sight glass readily. I find the current arrangement hard to use. As it stands now it is completely useless to have a sight glass you can't see readily...I mean come on Suzuki

Has anyone done a mod for this? I was think of drilling a hole adjacent to the glass through the tupperware and installing a rubber grommet to finish the edge of the hole. I'd love to get comments and thoughts on doing this.

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
Getting down to see it can be a pain for us older folks (I'm 64 like you). It's not the getting down there that's so bad it's the getting back up. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Boroscopes are available for less than a hundred bucks on ebay they would have many uses just on your Burgman, including seeing clearly your oil level without having to get on your knees.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
If you cant get down to check the oil window. Just wait until the llow oil indicator comes onj. Youi will be down about 1/2 qt. Took me allmost 3500 highway miles for it to reach that point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Comon you guys, I'm 80 and I don't have any problems.
Anyway, I change oil every 2000 miles, and don't really need to check it.

JimV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
when I turn the key (dont start the engine) the oil lamp is "on". When I start it goes out (sorry for my bad englisch)....

Is that normal.

If I want to check the oil (burgman650) is an allmost full glass enough? (Cold engine)

Regards

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't had my 650 very long and don't know where the sight glass is located. I saw the picture in the owner's manual but it didn't show where the darn thing is actually located. Inspecting the bike, I saw something in a recess near the side stand, but don't know if this it or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.