Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have done my homework and have only found one thread that shows a mod geared to see your oil sight glass readily. I find the current arrangement hard to use. As it stands now it is completely useless to have a sight glass you can't see readily...I mean come on Suzuki

Has anyone done a mod for this? I was think of drilling a hole adjacent to the glass through the tupperware and installing a rubber grommet to finish the edge of the hole. I'd love to get comments and thoughts on doing this.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Don't know why you would have to drill a hole, there is already one there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, but (it may be a function of old age) I don't find it large enough or bright enough to see the sight glass well. Likely not an issue for the masses ? Perhaps I should just wear my LED headlamp while checking it.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Getting down to see it can be a pain for us older folks (I'm 64 like you). It's not the getting down there that's so bad it's the getting back up. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Take a quick snap with your phone/camera? You wouldn't need to crouch as far.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Boroscopes are available for less than a hundred bucks on ebay they would have many uses just on your Burgman, including seeing clearly your oil level without having to get on your knees.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Fingers crossed that there's enough light for the photo to be useful. Wonder if the flash helps/hinder by reflecting off the glass.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
If you cant get down to check the oil window. Just wait until the llow oil indicator comes onj. Youi will be down about 1/2 qt. Took me allmost 3500 highway miles for it to reach that point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Comon you guys, I'm 80 and I don't have any problems.
Anyway, I change oil every 2000 miles, and don't really need to check it.

JimV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
when I turn the key (dont start the engine) the oil lamp is "on". When I start it goes out (sorry for my bad englisch)....

Is that normal.

If I want to check the oil (burgman650) is an allmost full glass enough? (Cold engine)

Regards

·
Registered
75 Posts
I haven't had my 650 very long and don't know where the sight glass is located. I saw the picture in the owner's manual but it didn't show where the darn thing is actually located. Inspecting the bike, I saw something in a recess near the side stand, but don't know if this it or not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, look in that hole with a flashlight and you will see the sight glass. Level is checked properly while cold and on the side stand.
My service manual says check it on the CENTER stand after running the engine for 3 minutes, then let it sit for 3 minutes before checking it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts