Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever had there Engine oil Fill up the trans? I Have been told by the dealer that it has a internal oil seal failure. If that is true Witch seal is it and can i change it with engine in the bike? I an very mechanical so I am not afraid to do it my self. I bought my Burgman as a basket case. it was in about ten boxes. I have fixed all the problems it had with stripped gears in the CVT. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
That is not an unusual thing on the 650. A number of folks have it happen. Most don't worry about it as it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

If you want to replace it, the seal is behind the clutch. It is accessible without pulling the engine. There is a thread somewhere on the board where a member did it. He said he just had to remove the clutch cover and the clutch to gain access to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll try it and see. I have to do it. Mine will pump the entire engine oil into the trans and then it gets pushed out of the trans onto the ground in a mile or two.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Sounds like your bike has gone past what happens to most folks where the seal lets just a little past. Sounds like the seal in yours has totally failed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts