Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all

I performed the oil change on my Burgman yesterday, wasn't able to remove the filter so I just added the new oil until I saw it in the viewing window. I stopped adding when it was between the "L" and "F" exactly centered, I added 3.1 quarts of oil. I ran the scooter on idle for a few minutes to make sure that the oil circulated. I checked again and it was at the same place. Well I drove it a bit today and per suggestion, checked on my return for any leaks. Well the oil viewing glass is totally full of oil. I didn't add any oil to the tranny, was going to do that next week. I remember reading that sometimes the oil from the engine and transmission sometimes mixes due to high speed or hard acceleration. Well I didn't run high speed and I accelerated normally on my 15 mile trip.
the scooter ran normal on the run and I didn't notice any performance issues. is this something I need to be concerned with? Or should I just drain the oil from the engine and tranny and add fresh?

I thank you for your time

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ChipDoc,

I let it sit overnight and it is still a bit high. I can barely see a demarcation line at the top of the glass. So it is still reading "overfilled". I will drain a bit out and see how it goes. I was really concerned yesterday when I saw the full glass and immediately thought "crap, I blew a seal". I couldn't believe the filter problem, I had gotten used to my cars when I do the service, I make them hand tight. And have had no problem. I am a newbie to the 2 wheeler world and I have a lot of learning to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Cherie describes what I did. Now I know:) I will do an early oil change on 2000 mile mark since I had used synthetic oil. What is the WIX part number so I can order it. I have used WIX filters on other applications. I appreciate the help. This forum rocks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.