Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON AND IS STILL ON, I HAVE 641 MILES ON IT AS OF TODAY......THE LIGHT CAME ON AT AROUND 600...IS THAT NORMAL? I GOT THE OIL CHANGED AT 450 MILES.....HOW DO I GET THE LIGHT TO GO OFF?
THANKS , DIANA

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The light is set to come on for the 600 mile service, your owners manual tells you how to reset the light , I read it but forgot it already :(
When you say the oil light came on, you do mean the "Change Oil" light.I don't know if there is a "low" oil light.. if it's not the "change oil" check your oil and call your dealer

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
On the 650 there is an oil change indicator light and an oil pressure indicator light.

The oil change light is due to come on at 600 miles for your first service and I'm betting that your dealer didn't reset this when they serviced your machine. To reset:

1-Push select and reset buttons for 2 seconds untill interval indicator comes on.
2-Push select button to decresae intervals in 300 mile intervals
3- Push reset to increase intervals in 300 mile increments
4- Push select and reset to lock in your changes.

Note I just noticed in the manual that these intervals cannot be adjusted before the 600 mile sheduled first service so this appears was not a mistake on behalf of your dealers service.

Hope it helps and makes sense!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a K4 2004 Burgman400 and the oil change light can be switched off as follows:-
1/ Press and continue to hold in the right button marked ADJ, IGN is OFF.
2/ Turn ON the ignition.
3/ Continue to hold in the ADJ button and then the change light will start to flast and then go out.
It is now reset.

If you wish to adjust the interval betwwen oil changes:-
1/ Turn ON the IGN.
2/ Press in and hold the ADJ button and continue to hold for many seconds!
3/ The left side LCD (ODM meter and trip meters) will change to show the inteval in miles. Reduce and Increase with the SET and ADJ buttons.
4/ Leave for a few seconds and the new value will be stored.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Got a question? This shows how to change the oil change interval. It works on my 04, but it is NOT in my manual as far as I can tell. Yes, the manual is the one that came with the bike.

What page is it on? I read and read and looked for pictures and everything!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Note to Moderators.

Is this worthy a 'sticky how to'?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oil Change Sticky note

Hi Norm,

Not sure how anyone else feels about it, I send my burgie to the oil change man hehehehe, not cheaper or quicker but easier for me this way :) Good with some maintenance but not the oil changes :( :roll: How much would you charge to come to NH (USA) to do the oil changes :) See Ya Diana

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Oil Change Sticky note

TWEETYPI58 said:
Hi Norm,

Not sure how anyone else feels about it, I send my burgie to the oil change man hehehehe, not cheaper or quicker but easier for me this way :) Good with some maintenance but not the oil changes :( :roll: How much would you charge to come to NH (USA) to do the oil changes :) See Ya Diana
Diana

You know what a helpful sort of guy I am. :)

I will do your oil change for free (I will even provide the oil and filter!).

I will leave the plane tickets/connections and accom to you :wink:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
allwalk said:
... The oil change light is due to come on at 600 miles for your first service and I'm betting that your dealer didn't reset this when they serviced your machine. To reset:

1-Push select and reset buttons for 2 seconds untill interval indicator comes on.
2-Push select button to decresae intervals in 300 mile intervals
3- Push reset to increase intervals in 300 mile increments
4- Push select and reset to lock in your changes.
That's the sequence for changing the interval (factory preset at 3,500 miles) on the 650, but to reset the "Change Oil" indicator after service there is a seperate, different sequence:

With the ignition off, hold down both the select and the reset buttons.
While holding them down, turn the key to the on position. The indicator will blink several times, then go out.
Release the buttons, and the indicator will be reset.

You can reset the indicator without changing the interval to the next one (and vice versa).

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Dutch said:
First time I did this I pressed the one button only and changed from MPH to KH. Next morining I was going 62 in the 35 mph zone.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some times the best answer is: RTFM

(Read The F***ing Manual)
My mechanic (autorized Suzuki) could not turn off the "Change Oil" light.
He just did not bother to read the manual.. :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Thanks for the moderation (Moderating?), Paul.

Bendi,

It's a common enough acronym that that's what we should probably use -- the acronym.

"RTFM" is suitable for an open forum, and if anyone asks what it means we can always say "Read the Full Manual," "Read the Freaking Manual," or let them in on the more common meaning in a private message.

But, please, not on an open thread. We may be (mostly) adults here, but some of us do find course or obscene language distasteful.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
What I have seen mentioned before is that some folks read the forums with their young child on their lap. We need to keep that in mind. We don't need to be prudes, we just need to exercise a bit of discretion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts