Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took it apart. Hopefully I can get it back together in the morning. Was wondering from anyone that knows, does the PCV valve go tward the engine or the airbox? I'm thinking it was put on backward since it was by the airbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Toward the engine but it gets sucked up to the air box when it dumps oil.....and is that a Kluge Press?
They manufactured my Dad's first printing press back in the 70's if it is!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have a kluge too, but that is a Hidleberg. This press is from 1956. It would print on one side of the machine, and die cut on the other. My grandfather bought it to do milage calculaters and other products. My dad has used it his whole life for die cutting and printing too. And now my father has taught me how to run it. It was bought a month before my father was born.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to have worked like a charm. I pretty much did Kfir's mod. But, I think mainly the problem was that the breather hose was up side down. The PCV valve wasn't at the engine. It was at the airbox. So, if I'm going to fix it, might as well over fix it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the fuel filter didn't work like I thought it did. It still allowed enough oil vapor out that I lost a ton of oil. I got a $2.15 3/8 PCV valve and put that on the end of the hose. It has a 90 degree elbow on it and I think that will work 100 times better. I don't think the oem breather hose is a proper PCV. The one I got is metal and looks like it will work. What I'm thinking of doing is getting another piece of hose to go over the valve, into a catch can type of think, and then into another hose with a breather hose filter on it. What do you all think?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts