1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone removed the oil gallery plug from the right engine cover on the 400
the Allen headed one I take it it just unscrews but if so is very tight, as in
braking the Allen key tight?

·
Registered
298 Posts
what plug do you mean? The Valve timing inspection plug? Shouldnt be too tight, see this video at 8min 30sec?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the one that looks like a big'ish grub screw in the end of the oil gallery facing towards the rear.

·
Premium Member
14,227 Posts
I don't have an 07+ 400, I have an 06 400. I does have a similar plug and it just torques to 16.5 foot lbs according to my manual.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that mine is very tight not to worry I will get one of those socket
ended Allen bits and try that regular Allen keys wont move it, I was beginning
to doubt it screwed in.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All will be reveled nothing very exiting.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This one just wont move, decided it's not worth it
for now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is it maybe a left hand thread, and all this time you have been tightening it more? :lol:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks odd to be honest and is so tight a Allen key would snap or round if I pushed it,
I am a retired engineer and have worked on all sorts of engines so have a rough idea
of whats going to happen if I push my luck.
What it is that I have been given a fancy digital volt come oil pressure gauge and the
sender would be to low if fitted under the engine, I may make or buy a banjo union
for the gallery bolt under the engine and fit the sender remotely, I know there wont
be a lot of pressure maybe 4 or 5 psi on tick over as its a roller bearing engine
but as the gauge is digital it may show this, it's just I have it and fancy seeing if
it works kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I guessed right, is there a prize? :)

It may have been assembled with some sort of super thread-locker. If it is just an access hole for machining the gallery then it is not something that should ever have to be removed. It may not even be a threaded plug and the Allen hex is for manipulation during assembly???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The link is to a video the outer led ring shows oil pressure the inner numbers volts
they cycle between the two and flash warning for low volts or pressure, just how this
will work out on the Burgman I don't know but will have a play.
It looks better in real life, everything is smoother and sharper.

http://s235.beta.photobucket.com/user/G ... 7.mp4.html

1 - 16 of 16 Posts