Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What other oil filters are available besides the OEM?

Anyone have a list and a part number for each?

K&M is KN-131
EMGO is 10-8400 (is this a good filter?)
HiFloFiltro is HF971 (premium) or HF131 (standard)

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been using the OEM but have purchased the K&M filters for future use. I guess they are all basically the same since they don't have by-pass valves etc. in them complicate things.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Deutsch:
Mahle (also Knecht) - OX406 *
Mann - MH51 *

Japan:
Meiwa - 5106-O *
Vesrah - SF-3003 *

Others:
Magneti Marelli - 154703553230
CHAMPION - X327

*) High Quality stuff, but wouldn't say anything bad of others 'cause didn't try 'em

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Ran EMGO & HiFlo in my 07 400. Changed them every 5k miles along with oil & never had a problem with either.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What other oil filters are available besides the OEM?

Anyone have a list and a part number for each?

K&M is KN-131
EMGO is 10-8400 (is this a good filter?)
HiFloFiltro is HF971 (premium) or HF131 (standard)

Thanks
Just curious........!!!!!! WHAT is wrong with an OEM oil filter for a rotten $4.99?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Doc, there's nothing wrong with the oem. Price is good, but best of all, the flow rate is good and maintains oil pressure over the duration of the life of the filter. Some non standard filters over time affect flow rate and oil pressure, and that is proven. Depends on the material used and it's construction. Some cheap filters are very poorly constructed and have broken up in use. I've seen it. Most non standard filters from the big manufacturers are ok though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
OEM all the way. I keep receipts and notes thinking someday I may have an ace in the hole if something goes wrong. If I ever lost a motor because I tried to save 3 dollars, I wouldn't be too happy with myself.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
OEM all the way. I keep receipts and notes thinking someday I may have an ace in the hole if something goes wrong. If I ever lost a motor because I tried to save 3 dollars, I wouldn't be too happy with myself.
I do not keep notes, BUT for $4.99 - I will go with an OEM - every time..!

·
Registered
486 Posts
For my money, you'd be better to bypass the filter with a dummy than to use a cheap oil filter.

And to risk the investment for a five-dollar savings, is beyond insane.

I didn't know the oil filter didn't have a bypass, though.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
dunno what is this talk all about. the listed filters are in the same price range :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts