Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Does anyone have a source/part number for an 08 400 oil filter besides Suzuki??

2. What are the push pin numbers for the 400? I see where M6 and M8's are good for the 650. Are they the same for the 400?

Tks, :cheers: Jim

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
This is what I could find from the BKB and around the net so far. Most Should be available through the dealer or local auto parts stores. The first two can be found online at scootertrap.com, not sure on the others.

K&N: kn-131
HiFlo: HF131/HF971
Fram's: CH6066
Hyosung: 16510H05240
Parts Unlimited #01-0018
EMGO # 10-84200

As for the push rivets, you can get those cheap from here -> http://www.boltmotorcyclehardware.com/i ... e2b2ec976e

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Nice find Sean, Boy those things don't last very long i must have broke about 15 of those so far!! wish there were some metals ones out there somewere, and Suzuki charges a Arm in a leg for those things.

Gary,

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres the problem: I had originally ordered a Wix 24949 and thought I had the right number until I went to change it. Found out that the Wix was for an 2006 and older. The 2007+ are a shorter filter. The Fram 6066 is for the older 400. The KN-131 and, I suspect, the HF131 should be good aftermarket filters for the newer 400. I have not checked out the rest of the filters that Techart listed, above. Again, the 2006 and below filters are not the same as the 2007 +.

Gonna see if I can get some M6 and M8 push pins from my auto parts guy. Seems like they should work. Will keep you posted.

Jim :cheers:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. Ordered 2 KN-131's to have a couple on hand. Admin might take a look at the info above for the BKB. Filters that I know will fit the 2007+ are: KN-131, Suzuki 16510-05240 and possibly the HF-131.

Some more info on the push pins: Found out that the M6 and M8 coincide to 6 mm and 8mm. So, if you want to use some automotive push pins, keep that in mind. Gonna get them online after cking what was available locally. Many kinds out there and you have to look at how they are constructed and how they are used. I believe the Suzuki push pins are the best for simplicity of use/reuse. However, there are other designs that could fit your purpose. :cheers: Jim

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
jenkins said:
The 2007+ are a shorter filter. The Fram 6066 is for the older 400. T
Jim :cheers:
Ah, I see they just assumed then that the filter dimensions stayed the same after 06' considering their system online shows that number to be compatible. I had pulled most of that list by referencing the threads listed in the BKB on the oils page in the index -> http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/400+b+Oil

Will have to do some additional research to make sure those fit and adjust accordingly ;)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I'm going to order some push pins from BOLT Motorcycle Hardware. Do I need sizes M6,M7,& M8 for my 400, or just M6 & M8? Thanks! Ken

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
jenkins said:
Believe M6 and M8's are all you will need. Jim
Thanks for the info. I've broke some,not in critical places. I will be doing my first coolant change before long,following TechArtGuys tutorial,probably break some then. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts