Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am getting the oil change warning after i had already changed the oil. Why is this happening?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The light is programmed to go on at certain intervals. Your manual shows how to turn the light off. It can also be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You have to reset it.

1) Turn off ignition.
2) Hold both the SELECT and RESET buttons in.
3) Turn ON ignition
4) After 2 seconds the indicator to change oil should extinguish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This happened to me yesterday, will definitely reset. Just bought the bike and was questioning if seller really did change the oil as he said. What are the mileage intervals for the alerts - I have an 07 400? (no owner's manual and a brand new Burgman owner) Thank you for the question and the replies.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Change intervals are multiples of 600 miles,
up to 3600 miles.
Many riders use the 3000 mile selection...
other riders that use full synthetic oil,
use 5000 mile intervals, & ignore the reminder.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
It in your manual, it help you if you read it !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Duster! That is perfect info. Just purchased the vehicle on Tuesday, used with 17,452 miles - first bike since I was 16 (25 years ago). No owners manual was available so these are simple questions but I just don't know and want to put on 50,000+ more miles. Should the filter be changed with each oil change?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Thanks Duster! That is perfect info. Just purchased the vehicle on Tuesday, used with 17,452 miles - first bike since I was 16 (25 years ago). No owners manual was available so these are simple questions but I just don't know and want to put on 50,000+ more miles. Should the filter be changed with each oil change?
I have paid about $8 for a filter at the auto supply,
so a new filter along with 2 quarts of oil is cheap insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts