Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried everything to get my oil change light to reset. Yes I followed the suggestions on this forum. The only thing I can change when I try it is the time. 2012 650 Exc. Any ideas?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just reset my " change oil light" yesterday by following the write up in the owners manual. Did not have any problem, mine is a 2012 650.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Did you have the side stand down. Although the manual doesn't say anything about it I've noticed that mine will not reset if I have the side stand down.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice catch! I would have puzzled over that for weeks...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't remember if it was on the side stand or the center stand,I am guessing right now that it was on the center stand. Next time I will pay closer attention.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Every time I have brought this up I have been told the following:

650 - Resetting Oil Change Indicator

(The Owner's manual is not very clear on this)
  • 1) Turn off ignition.
    2) Hold both the SELECT and RESET buttons in.
    3) Turn ON ignition
    4) After 2 seconds the indicator to change oil should extinguish.
Well that does not work on a 2012 650 exec. Yes the sidestand was down when I reset mine. The thing that bugs me the most is; I could not find that in the owners manual and I read it cover to cover. I guess it's about time for me to buy my next scooter at the scooter store.If I forgot to say thank you, Thank You!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Works fine on a 09 as I just changed my engine & trans oil Saturday. Mounted a new front tire also as the OEM was shot at 15k.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Used the following procedure on both my AN650K3 and K7 and worked a charm... 1) With ignition key turned off, 2) Hold both the SELECT and RESET buttons in while, 3) Turn ON ignition key 4) After 2 seconds the indicator to change oil should extinguish 5) Release both the SELECT and RESET buttons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts