Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new 2012 650 I can't change the setting for the oil change indicator. I followed the manual and I'm obviously during something wrong. The manual says, "With ignition off press and hold SELECT button and turn on the ignition. Hold the SELECT button for 3 seconds. The "OIL CHANGE" light does go out but I cannot reset it for 3600 miles. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Marv. My page is 2-16 and I have previously commented on the poor page description for these procedures (I have emailed Suzuki UK about this error). As you know and see It states 'To change preset interval' but that should say 'To reset the Oil Change Indicator'

That's the correct procedure to clear the Oil Change indicator and the 3600 Interval counter is also automatically reset to initial, where 3600 is the default. P.S. This can not be completed with less than 600 miles on the odometer. I had my first service at 537 miles and you have to wait until the Oil Change indicator comes on at 600, then do the reset.

You can adjust the Oil Change interval to a different value in 300 mile increments by pressing the Adjust button for 2 seconds when the Odo mileage is displayed and the interval and oil change indicators blink, then using the Select and Adjust buttons for increase and decrease the value. To end, press and hold the Select and Adjust buttons for 2 seconds.

Hope this helps and clarifies the manuals confusion.
Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts