Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, is there a trusted dealer that can change the oil and do some maintenance on my 2013 Burgman 650 in Tampa area? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kinda maintenance you need done? who dunnit before now?
I just bought it used. The previous owner had it sit in the garage for a long time, so I need to change the oil and check if everything else is good.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
ok, how many miles on it? the tires may need replacin if they have aged out and you can read the date on the sidewall. I dunno your experience level so I may be askin stuff you think is stupid. We do have a couple of burgmen in tampa area so maybe they can tell you about trusted mechanics. I wouldn't trust a dealer any more than I would trust a hot gal at the kitty kat klub to hold my drink for me. But if you use this site and ask questions before getting stuff done at a mechanic/dealer we can save you a ton of money and a lot of inconvenience. I am guessing you don't want to do your own wrenchin even for minor things like oil changes.?

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a noob at this so yes help me please if you can lol. The bike has about 1000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
17,341 Posts
yeeah, with just 1000, them tires are probably original and need replacing. You can save a pile of money if you wanna do some of the work yourself, plus having the bike at your convenience instead of waiting for a dealer/ mech to decide he feels like doin it , cause burgmans are NOT on their list of fun things to do. you most probably at a dealer/mech will take the bike in. be told he has to order the tires, get the tires in, schedule the tire change, change the the tires, then when he is ready call you to come pay him biiig handfuls of money for labor charges, and extra for the tires (more than you would pay at amazon) If you order the tires, get them, take the tires and rims, (not bike) you're probably gonna be outta there in a couple hours with at least $90.00 savings per tire, Changing oil tranny oil and final oil will cost you fiddy bucks you do it yourself, if dealer does it, count on 200 or more. Plus , when You do it, you know it was done right, you don't hafta trust some guy who makes money by doing as many jobs as he can as fast as he can and maybe not as right as he can.
there ain't nothing needing to be done that we don't have videos and tutorials on, plus some people in the area that might be able to help hands on.
if you are gonna pay for it all at a dealer, a minimum of tires, and battery, yeah it may work now, but it's a 5 year battery goin on 8 years old and you caint kick start a burgman. Brake fluid if not discolored may not need changing, garage kept and barely used, coolant may not need changin . a dealer will tell you it does cause that's how he makes money, after tires are done, run the bile , watch the temp gage, if it gets over 3 bars, change coolant if it don't , have a refreshin beverage and think about how much money you saved.
Also search this site for the emergency seat release mod, you will never regret it if you need it, and it's easy and cheap to do.
So , do you have wrenchin tools or experience or a hefty wallet? Maybe my Daughter can come help you out, she's a gear head, and has a good tool selection (y)
where xacly in tampa are you , Imight comeover myownself.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I am a noob at this so yes help me please if you can lol. The bike has about 1000 miles on it.
The later B650’s only have a few changes from the earlier models so you can still gain a lot of “How To”
from this : (just ask here if you need to make any adjustments)

Go to Harbor Freight and piece together a Metric Tool Kit :

Here’s a 20% Coupon that is good for a couple more days:

Print a hand full and make multiple purchases.

Reactions: Samsamani
1 - 9 of 9 Posts