Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I change the oil on my AN400K5, does this mean the transmission oil has been changed as well? I'm at the 4000 km's mark, (2500 miles), and all I've done is change the oil twice and put a Givi screen on it.

Other than valve adjustment and routine oil changes, is there anything I should look into doing at this point before taking it on a long road trip? I know what the owner's manual says, but I would like to hear what I should be doing in the real world.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Darcy said:
When I change the oil on my AN400K5, does this mean the transmission oil has been changed as well? I'm at the 4000 km's mark, (2500 miles), and all I've done is change the oil twice and put a Givi screen on it.

Other than valve adjustment and routine oil changes, is there anything I should look into doing at this point before taking it on a long road trip? I know what the owner's manual says, but I would like to hear what I should be doing in the real world.
No you have not changed the transmission oil or Final Gear Oil as it's called in the manual. You don't need to change it untill 7500 miles. :wink:
And on the other question, ck the air in your tires before during and after in my humble opinion. maybe a tire repair kit/inflator and even some extra oil of the kind you've been putting in it. And ck it every time you fill up. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Read your manual, but the 400 has no final drive oil to change, the 650 does. Also the manual did say, in error once, to use 80 weight oil.

There is Transmission oil to change, and I would do it when you change engine oil. I believe the oil weight is the same as the engine.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Here is a thread on oil changes for the 400

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4748
There is no transmission per say, on the 400. It can be a bit confusing calling it the "Final Drive". That usually suggests Heavier oil, as in a rear end, or shaft drive. Again, changing the transmission, or "final drive", can't hurt. I think it can only help, a newer scooter, mainly to get shavings out.

You might want to do another bolt check before you go, (Axle, steering head, exaust, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts