·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many are from Ohio?

Where are you from?

How long have you had your bike?

How much did you pay?

And how many miles do you have and how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Ohio rider here

I am from Reynoldsburg, Ohio and have a 2003 Burgman 400. I have had it for 2 weeks and have 250 miles on it. Love it!!! I bought it from Xtreme in Bellaire, Oh. (They delivered it) I paid 4707.00 plus Ohio tax.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ohio rider here

casek said:
I am from Reynoldsburg, Ohio and have a 2003 Burgman 400. I have had it for 2 weeks and have 250 miles on it. Love it!!! I bought it from Xtreme in Bellaire, Oh. (They delivered it) I paid 4707.00 plus Ohio tax.

I'm from Saint Clairsville orginally, currently residing in Wheeling West Virginia, I go to college at West Liberty State. I got a 2003 Burgman 400 from A & B Extreme in Bellaire as well for the same price. I've had it for about 4 days with 110 miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ohio Guy

Hello......I am in Cleveland and got my 400 on 4/12/04 at Extreme Suzuki in Bellaire, Ohio. Borrwed my buddys trailer and went down and picked it up for $4900 out the door. I have put on about 850 miles and had my first 600 mile service last week at a cost of $123 at the Pride of Cleveland Scooter shop. They are not an authorized Suzuki dealer, but they know more about scooters than any dealer around. They were very impressed with the Burgy 400. Wherever I go, people come up and want to talk about the scoot. I love every minute riding my Burgy 8)
I took off the butt rest and slid it up higher on the sloped portion of the seat and fastened it thru the seat pan. I inserted quite a bit of foam padding under the backrest, since it is up off the passenger seat surface and used round, black foam pipe insulation under the perimeter of the butt rest, so it would fill in the gap between it and the passenger seat and look finished. What a world of difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Dayton. I got mine from Extreme as well on April 20, 2004, they delivered it for $4528 OTD plus tax. Jon did me a favor and brought it to me on his day off, since he was originally from Dayton. I currently have 324 miles on it, and would not trade it for any other bike. My wife loves it as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Central Ohio area service prices

It seems that most of us bought from Extreme in Bellaire, OH. I am pricing my first 600 mile service. Ask Powersports wants around $275 :shock: to go completely through my 400 and change all fluids and adjust everything. Anyone else priced this service? I really don't want to travel all the way to Cleveland to get the deal that rlin22 got.

THanks!
Kelly Case
2003-AN400- Silver

·
Registered
27 Posts
two and a half years after the original post but here I am. I'm in Maineville (suburb of Cincinnati) got a 2003 in Sept. 2003 for my wife. she never rode it, 600 miles in 2.5 years. I sold my 80 GS1100E in August of 06 and started to ride the Burgman. I put more than 3000 miles on it. It is a great ride in all catagories except ego. But 60 mpg makes up for that.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Swapped a K5 for a Blue K7 this fall and ride all over Castalia in Summer and Texas in winter.My K5 had 7000 miles in less than a year.I have a big place near Cedar Point and the Islands.

Would anyone like a get together?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Being a displaced Hoosier, I know exactly where you're talking about....& yer teasing me bad. For the east-side people that cannot make it to Minn. & see Kev & the folks meeting there, maybe ya'll can gather-up & meet somrtime in lizzard's neighborhood. Couldn't go wrong there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
05 burgi

I paid 5800 in sept 2005 @city cycles montgomery ohio About 4700 mi now so far only stalled once on me Had the idle to low. Ilike the mobile 1 oil seems noticably smother . its pretty hard to clean the inside of the windshield! I did take off the wind shield to install a battery moniter. I don't like those attaching [ill call em togle bolts] for the windshield I dont think they were made to be used over agin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: 05 burgi

You know I've had trouble getting the 2 on upper most bolts in I was thinking that there are 2 sizes. I'll need to look the next time I swap the stock for the Givi.
usedcartech said:
I paid 5800 in sept 2005 @city cycles montgomery ohio About 4700 mi now so far only stalled once on me Had the idle to low. Ilike the mobile 1 oil seems noticably smother . its pretty hard to clean the inside of the windshield! I did take off the wind shield to install a battery moniter. I don't like those attaching [ill call em togle bolts] for the windshield I dont think they were made to be used over agin.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wind shiels attaching screw/bolt

I think if you check the fich @ bikebandit you will find 2 different part numbers. the two upper ones are indeed longer because they go through a meatel brace that the others dont.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

Gunner said:
You know I've had trouble getting the 2 on upper most bolts in I was thinking that there are 2 sizes.
From the factory, they are 2 different sizes. When installing the Clearview they provided replacement well nuts that are all the same size (between the stock sizes) and they worked fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts

billmeek said:
Gunner said:
You know I've had trouble getting the 2 on upper most bolts in I was thinking that there are 2 sizes.
From the factory, they are 2 different sizes. When installing the Clearview they provided replacement well nuts that are all the same size (between the stock sizes) and they worked fine.
Well that explains a lot

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I'm in Granville, OH. I've got a 03 400. Bought it in August of 06 for $3500 in Memphis, TN off of Ebay. It had 3000 miles on it, now it's got 6800.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll be home in May,near Cedar Point.I can park and camp a bunch of riders.Good riding there and we can ferry to the Islands for a day.
Let me know,
Terry

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am from Mentor. Picked up my 06, 650 in late July. Bought it at Cleveland Motorcycle, located in Mentor. With the decent weather into November, I was able to put on 2500 miles. Now if we could only get rid of this cold and snow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
mrlizzzard said:
I'll be home in May,near Cedar Point.I can park and camp a bunch of riders.Good riding there and we can ferry to the Islands for a day.
Let me know,
Terry
nice! i'm from Indianapolis. have vacationed at Put-In-Bay twice. always have a great time. may have to trek up there with the burgman next time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts