Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a rear tire for my Burg 650, got a 120/70-14....not a 160/60-14 :oops: :oops: can I still use it???

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Probably not. I did a quick search and could not find any 120/70-14 that was designed as a rear tire. All the ones I found were front tires.

Even if it is a rear tire you need to check the speed and weight rating codes on the side of the tire and see if it has enough capacity for the 650.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffalo said:
Probably not. I did a quick search and could not find any 120/70-14 that was designed as a rear tire. All the ones I found were front tires.

Even if it is a rear tire you need to check the speed and weight rating codes on the side of the tire and see if it has enough capacity for the 650.
Thanks for the replay, it shows that it can be used front or back. It is a mitchelin pilot sport. I am worried about the size some what. It is a good tire though. The ratings are good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you pay for the education, I made the mistake, can not return it...but it will be best to get the right size. :( I will list the 120/70 r/14 4-sale later. The with is larger, stats are good ,hight is less,so the only problem is the speed-o will read a little faster than you really are going,or more than it is off now!!!! Rats

Thanks all for the info. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
insp03 said:
Thanks for the replay, it shows that it can be used front or back. It is a mitchelin pilot sport. I am worried about the size some what. It is a good tire though. The ratings are good.
Are you sure about that. I went to the Michelin site and it shows the 120/70 14 Michelin Pilot Sport SC Radial to be a front only tire with a load rating of 55 and a speed rating of H. The speed rating is the same as the OEM rear tire but the weight rating is not. The 160/60 R14 has a load rating of 65. A 55 load rating is good for up to 481 lbs and a load rating 65 is good for up to 639 lbs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some sights said front or back, but the best thing to do is order the RIGHT one. I already sold the tire locally, :D ,and ordered the other. Thanks all for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts