Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had bad weather all week and the Burg sat for 5 days. Fired her up yesterday and the dreaded F1 light illuminated and wouldn't shift up. I retrieved codes today and it had a TPP code.I removed tupperware and found two baby rats nesting on top of the starter. It seems mama rat decided that the wiring was pretty tasty. What a mess! I got all the wiring soldered back together tonight and will install tupperware tomorrow. Gonna get some glue traps and place around the Burg from now on. :(

·
Registered
347 Posts
So what did you do with the baby rats? Did you send them to rat heaven? Thats too wild, just when you think you heard it all.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dirty b***ards. No other animal has caused as much misery to humanity ... other than humans themselves (i.e., politicians, same species as sewer rats).

I had some very large norway rats in my garage years ago. They chewed through my cage's upper radiator hose so that they could drink the nice sweet coolant. It didn't harm the dirty filth at all, in fact I think it helped them grow even larger.

As soon as I bought my 650, I added a screen to the CVT cooling outlet (heavy hardware cloth, galvanized) to keep the vermin out of the CVT.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dirty b***ards. No other animal has caused as much misery to humanity ... other than humans themselves (i.e., politicians, same species as sewer rats).

I had some very large norway rats in my garage years ago. They chewed through my cage's upper radiator hose so that they could drink the nice sweet coolant. It didn't harm the dirty filth at all, in fact I think it helped them grow even larger.

As soon as I bought my 650, I added a screen to the CVT cooling outlet (heavy hardware cloth, galvanized) to keep the vermin out of the CVT.
I don't know my rat species very well, how could you tell they were from norway?

·
Registered
735 Posts
There are more norway rats in the pacific northwest than humans, BY FAR. They're the only ones that grow to 12" (the big daddy I trapped in my garage was this big, nose to tip-of-tail). Learned the hard way not to store bird seed in the house unless it's in a steel container. The dirty filth actually chewed through a 1/4" thick garbage can to get to the bird seed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just got to worry about squirrels, they do the same thing around here. Could there be an animal conspiracy? We have rats too, mainly the sewer variety.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the little critters are in rat heaven. I guess our cat prefers Iam's cat food over rats.
Somebody's fixing to go on a diet! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts