Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowed today and I no longer feel comfortable riding in the cooler temps. Predicting 50s this Saturday so I'm thinking I will put my scoot up for the winter on Sunday. Hope the rest of you get in more riding. This Northeast Ohio weather does have drawbacks. Ride safely.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
I'm not planning on riding today as we are having a rare early freeze. It was 26 on my back porch this morning. Our normal first freeze doesn't happen until toward the end of Nov and then it's just touching 32 for an hour or so. Last night it was in the 20s for several hours.

Not to worry though, it will be back in the 70s this weekend so I'll be riding again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Buffalo, don't you just hate the Texas weather, 26 this morning and close to 80 by Sunday. I feel a ride coming on in the near future.

John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Be sure to add fuel stabilizer. If you have non ethanol fuel available run (or drain) any ethanol fuel from the tank and refill with non ethanol fuel first.
Keep fuel tank full... The old idea of draining before winter allows rust to form in the tank, plus you can't get ALL of the fuel out and the smaller the quantity of fuel, the faster it goes bad.

Change the oil so that the acids formed by combustion and blow-by aren't sitting in the scooter all winter eating at your bearings.
Once you get this all done, ride it for 10 miles or so to work all the moisture out by getting it fully up to operating temp and you should be good to go in the spring.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wonder what it would have been like riding on the day that convinced me to leave Ohio forever? (17 Jan 1977, in Columbus it was -22F with wind chill at -70F) ;-)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wonder what it would have been like riding on the day that convinced me to leave Ohio forever? (17 Jan 1977, in Columbus it was -22F with wind chill at -70F) ;-)
Sounds a lot like it would have been a near-death experience. Perhaps TOO near... ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not too far from Buffalo over here in Shreveport LA. It was pretty darned cold for early Nov. Today was my parents 60th anniversary so I had to ride out and see them.
It had warmed up to (Burg said) 42 when I took off on the 25 mile trip.
Felt great as I had some good cold weather gear on. I'll ride all winter except if roads are icy.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
You don't want to know how nice the weather is here. :cool:

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's nippy here, no snow yet, I haven't seen any pleather jacket boys on their Shiney HDs, but a few jap bikes still running around! I always run mine once a week in the garage in winter months. I back it outside but on the center stand for 10 mins... Let them sit I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I remember that day.. The coal they grind up to feed the electric plant was frozen solid. I moved from Columbus in 1978.. to Cape Cod where we have winters, but not like that !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts