Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had called my friendly Suzuki dealer this morning to get an out the door price on a White 650 Burgman. He didn't have one in stock but said he would check around and call me back. I told him I wanted a no haggle price and if it was reasonable I would come in with the cash and ride it home.
He called back just before lunch and said he had found 3 that he could get right away. He assured me he had come up with a no haggle price approved by the boss. Then he started telling me how wonderful the new 650's were. I told him to stop wasting our time, I was ready to buy, just give me the out the door price minus the sales tax. He said $13,5xx. I reminded I had asked for a no haggle price and he said, yes, thats it. I said, thank you, bye. The sales tax would be an additional $5xx.00.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe that price was for all three of them certainly wasn't for just one. That salesman was trying to get his yearly quota all at once.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was @ the 'suki dealer yesterday to pick up some parts and they had 3 on the floor all marked with $9800 price. That's in N.J.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
How many new 2013 burgman 650s have been purchased by members of this forum? And, what has been the out the door price? It would be interesting to see what they are really selling for.
Post replies please!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It looks to me that as times have gotten harder for most folks the motorcycle dealers are trying to make up the losses they are having by seriously over pricing their bikes if someone shows any interest in them. The result is that we are seeing dealer after dealer going out of business.

I don't know the answer for all of this. What they used to make up with small profit via volume is not there any more. I have a friend who has a couple of multi-brand dealerships, he has been trying to sell one of them to me for a couple of years now. I keep telling him that I am retired and not interested but he will mention that I should buy one almost every time I see him. Times are really tough right now for dealers too.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a new 650 last week here in Michigan. Paid $9850 but traded in a VTX 1800 so its a little hard to get the exact price but after some arguing I'd say about $10500 out the door.

They had several add on charges like doc fees and destination changes that I just refused to pay.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Here you pick up new 2013 EVO 650 with winter pack on floor @ $10,000.00 - $10,200.00 U.S. fund, this exclude taxes and license.

Unfortunately here no White colour available in 2013, only gray & black.

·
Registered
585 Posts
There are way too many low mileage used bikes to be paying north of $13k for a new one. Get one with low miles and still under warranty and you can buy an after-market warranty plan and still be way ahead of the game. Its a tough time for dealers but consumers aren't having it none too rosy either.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Agree with knuclehead.
That deal you were offered was good only for the dealer!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
WTH is that ? $13,500 ? With a MSRP of $10,999 ? Maine sales tax rate is what 5% ?
Where do the get the $13,500 ?

TheReaper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts