Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my over 2000 Mile journey.
The trip's ride report is here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065074

My nickname for my AN650 is 'Easy'. Not for a second did I wish I had a different bike. Enough said.

On the way back home we had tons of cool temperatures and over 4 hours of drizzle/rain. The bike did its best to protect me from the elements but heated gear and rain proof suit helped very much. The GIVI windshield could have been an inch taller (I will add shims to 'raise' it) but otherwise no complaints. For me the back rest is worth its weight in gold. Best $100 spent. We drove 800 Miles in one day--I could have ridden a full 1000 Miles without problems. The bike is that comfortable, but you all know that.

I have a darkside rear tire--a Federal Formoza. It performed very well in the high speeds and twists and on wet pavement. But it took a little of my riding enjoyment away. I constantly kept reminding myself that I had a car tire in the back and to slow down in the curvy roads. Maybe, that is a good thing. I am debating whether to go back or not. My bike now has 10K Miles on the odometer. Soon I will have a mechanic replace the wheel bearings, seals and brake pads. I need a newer front tire soon and I may have him remount the rear tire back.

Thanks
Simba

Its a fantastic bike. Even the border guard, a Goldwing rider, asked me about it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Poutine huh? Guess that stuff is just the yankee version of Biscuits and Gravy...

Read your entire ride report. Looks like you guys had a blast. How bad were your speeding tickets?

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts