Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am this close (hold up your thumb and index finger 1/2" appart) to buying a 2004 blue 650 Burgman. I'm 6'3" tall and have been researching this forum for information about a replacement windshield. Has anyone purchased and installed Suzuki's optional taller windshield? If so, is it as tall as the Givi :?: Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just sat on a brand new 2004 Blue 650 Burgman on Saturday. I understand that in Canada the only two colours we can get are blue and silver. The dealership had the new 400 in silver and the 650 in blue. I don't think we can get the black colour.

·
Registered
48 Posts
taller screen

hi i put the taller suzuki screen on my burger and it is a ton better than the stock one but i find it to be about 2 inches to short for me and i am 6'3" also. but i also like to look threw the window not over it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Windshield?

I didn't know Suzuki had a taller windshield option....is this something only available outside the U.S.? I took my shield off altogether the other day & boy was my helmet quiet! I'm 6'3" and am actually thinking of going to a shorter windshield! I hate looking through a windshield & one that's taller than stock but short enough for me to look over is just distracting & I still get helmet buffeting.

What to do?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wow - I didn't know that Suzuki had an OEM taller screen available. I have never seen it on the product lists or have never heard from anyone here about it. I would definitely be interested in learning more about it, and knowing the price.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I haven't heard anything about anyone trying the OEM taller windscreen on the Burgman. However, I do know that everyone that has tried the OEM taller windscreen on the Suzuki V-Strom reported worse buffeting than with the stock screen.

I went with a Cee-Bailey windscreen on my V-Strom, and a Clearview windscreen on my Burgman 650. They work well. Others have also reported good results with the Clearview screens. Some like the Givi windscreen, but I tried it and it didn't work for me nearly as well as the Clearview.

I'd recommend a Clearview screen - I doubt that the cost of the OEM screen would be much less, and the guys at Clearview are very good to work with. They don't show the Burgman screen on their website yet - you have to give them a call. 800-798-6089

Of course, if you want to try the OEM screen, I'm sure everyone would appreciate a report on the results.

·
Registered
48 Posts
tall suzuki windshield

in canada we can get the taller windshield ,it is about 6 inches taller than stock. part # 99999 rac 50-650. something else in the option list that we can get that i have never heard anyone from the US mention is the chrome front trim to replace the black stock one on the bike part # 99000 9904-10g

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I got the chrome front for mine, looks like real chrome. I got a can of chrome paint and painted the black one i took off, dont look to bad, just have to watch the paint dont run if you put it on too thick. Got my new xxl clearview today, man is it big, 7 1/2 in taller and 3+ in wider than stock, hope i can cut some off the top, just looks too tall. Cost to get it to Canada was $222 us for windshield and shipping and another $ 69 can on top of that, box is too big for mail, came ups, so beware if buying outside of USA. about $375 Can for a windshield in usa for $141 us.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cost of the Suzuki OEM taller windshield is $148 Canadian - thats about $109 US. I considered the Clearview but I think that Seatec said the cost of shipping, customs, $ conversion made this a very expensive sheild to try and get into Canada. We can get the GIVI windshield but it takes awhile and costs a little more than the OEM one.
I don't see the taller windshield listed on the Canadian Suzuki website but it is in their brochure and my local dealer has it listed in his parts book. This year they also added an OEM bike cover for the Burgman. There appears to be only four accesories for the Canadian Burgman from Suzuki:

Chrome plate cover for the windshield
Larger windshield
Rear seat rest
Bike cover

By the way if anyone wants to read a really good article from Cycle Canada 2004 on the cruising abilities of the Burgman here is a link from Suzuki Canada's website:

http://suzuki04.com.rebeltrail.com/news ... urgman.pdf

Link seems to only work with Microsoft Explorer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
$148 in Ontario, $136 in Nova Scotia and my dealer quoted me $135, a price much below m.s.r.p., here in Kelowna. What accounts, Seatec, for your additional 20% discount? And does anyone know the actual Suzuki m.s.r.p.?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discovered the OEM screen was available here in England, only after I got the bike, but could not establish if I would have been able to specify that I wanted it fitted in place of the shorter shield at no extra cost had I known when I placed my order. The cost here is 55 pounds, 135 Can$, but my dealer reports on it being just 2 inches taller, so interesting to see reference to 6 inches taller in these posts. I am watching the laminar lip mentioned in another post, to see if there are any positive reports coming out of that development. I have also thought, briefly, about removing the screen, as all but one of my previous bikes have been "bare to the wind". Might get round to trying that one day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I removed my screen & took a day trip that included city driving, some backroads & a little freeway. I found that my helmet was a lot quieter w/o the screen but the riding position isn't suited for freeway riding. I sit too upright to deal with the wind at freeway speeds. Anything below about 60mph is ok for me though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts