Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Suzuki OEM sound system for my 2008 Burgman 400.:D The system was for Skywave 20007 in Japan, but it fits perfectly for my Burgman. Suzuki discontinued this part in 2007, so no longer available even in Japan.

The sound is not the best, but it is Ok for me.

The speaker perfectly fit to the lid of the top small storage compartment.

The subwoofer occupied the small left top storage compartment.

I could listen to music at 70 mile/hour of speed when there was no traffic around me. The loud SUVs and aggressive tracks interrupted the music. Though, I could not listen Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata at 40 mile/hour of speed. It is not powerful, but enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I like the idea. It also looks like you can still use those storage areas as storage, albeit a bit less storage.

My two main concers are how easy it would be for someone to take it off of your ride and what about when you ride through rain. It would seem to this non-expert (aka don't know much about this) that if it rained, especially hard or long, that the speakers and electronics would be ruined.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
So what are the key components of the as supplied OEM sound system?

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
So what are the key components of the as supplied OEM sound system?
who cares!!! it's ten thousand years ahead of anything we have now :)

typos are so much fun

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rain is not a problem so far. I rode through heavy rain several times, so far no problem.

Key components of the sound system are 2 speakers, 1 sub subwoofer, 1 control switch, and 1 amp. I need to connect to my I-pod or radio to listen music.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
This is cool, had no idea such a thing existed at one point in time. Wonder why they dropped it after just the first year. Its a nice clean look. Guess just didn't sell enough of them to warrant the manufacturing cost for it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
can you do a video of it? so we all know how does it sound.? Where did you get it and how much?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts