Bin there ..done that.
interestingly the dealer where I bought my Burgman had put a shim under top two top screws of the demos windscreen. Yes I thought thats a good temp fix for the stock (lower) windscreen. So I did the same to my bike when I got it home...very easy to do BUT only two washers will fit under the stock screw! Lifting the top edge of the sceen 1 inch....Not very much. I feel there was not much differance. I'm 5-10 and still got the wind & bugs right in the face. :x
So I just started wearing the helmet with the facesheild.
What I did do was make two wings for the sides of the windscreen.... wich added 4" in width to each side, and they tappered out to protect my hands. I've been riding with this setup since last April, and it worked good. But I'm chucking the whole lot for the Givi screen this year.
Paul here again. I have taken my screen off and removed the mounting plate and fitted it back with washers as spacers. I now have a very slightly more up right screen but what i think will make the differance is I have now got 1" gap between the mounting plate and the body work so alowing more air to pass under the screen.This is were I think the problem is but only time will tell as it is raining here in the UK (I don't want to get wet and I know Ingrid feels the same)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Suzuki Burgman motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all 200, 400, and 650 models!