Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
Paul from across the pond. Has any one packed the oem screen off the mounting plates so more air can come under the screen so stoping that push in the back feeling you get ?????????

Paul

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I haven't tried that yet, but it sounds like its worthy of a try come riding season. If someone else tries it let us know what effects result from it.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Your right Greg!
I had something else envisioned when I read Pauls Post.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Screen Mods

Bin there ..done that.
interestingly the dealer where I bought my Burgman had put a shim under top two top screws of the demos windscreen. Yes I thought thats a good temp fix for the stock (lower) windscreen. So I did the same to my bike when I got it home...very easy to do BUT only two washers will fit under the stock screw! Lifting the top edge of the sceen 1 inch....Not very much. I feel there was not much differance. I'm 5-10 and still got the wind & bugs right in the face. :x
So I just started wearing the helmet with the facesheild.
What I did do was make two wings for the sides of the windscreen.... wich added 4" in width to each side, and they tappered out to protect my hands. I've been riding with this setup since last April, and it worked good. But I'm chucking the whole lot for the Givi screen this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That OEM Screen

Well Guy's
Paul here again. I have taken my screen off and removed the mounting plate and fitted it back with washers as spacers. I now have a very slightly more up right screen but what i think will make the differance is I have now got 1" gap between the mounting plate and the body work so alowing more air to pass under the screen.This is were I think the problem is but only time will tell as it is raining here in the UK (I don't want to get wet and I know Ingrid feels the same)

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts