Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new front tire today and noticed markings that I've not seen before. An orange line and a yellow dot. Do they have any meaning? The orange line looks like what I put on lined up with tire valve when I take off a tire for repair.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Normally the dot is to indicate it being mounted at the valve stem. Orange line is :dontknow:

·
Registered
770 Posts
It was on the top of the stack in the truck, and the store it went to gets its stuff tagged with an orange line?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your input. I'll get it mounted when enough snow melts that I can get the scoot from it's shed to the garage where the lift and tire changer are.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Any one Know where to Get the Rim Wheel Weights , All Mines fell off, I just Ordered 2 New Tyre's

Thanks..

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Thanks, Chérie, wondering what amount was needed for front to rear!

Elliott,

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
If you plan on beads inside the tire then you must use little tire lube to mount the tire. I took a tire off a rim a few years ago and the tire lube goo was clumped with about half the beads.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
The yellow dot on a tire indicates the light balance point. To minimize the amount of weight to balance a tire and wheel assembly, match the light balance point of the tire to the heavy balance point of the wheel, which is normally at the valve stem.

For another source on wheel weights, these are the folks I use:
http://kurveygirl.com/shop/

I've used them for years, they're primarliy a sport bike supplier, but they're very pleasant to deal with and offer great service. The wheel weights are located in the Special Part's section of the website.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Thanks, Chérie, wondering what amount was needed for front to rear!

Elliott,

Now purchase Dynabead in large bulk bag, then weigh individual tiny 2 oz. bag on digital food scale in kitchen.

Use 2 oz both front and back tire, if not going on long ride immediately you can not add bead at time of mounting, wait 1-2 day for mounting lube to dry then put in bead as it take only 5 minute (note not ever have problem before when add immediately). Do not purchase little dynabead kit with little bottle etc, waste of $$, what we find here is $1.00 ketchup or vinegar bottle from dollar store work well, however we now use 36 inch clear plastic tube that fit tight on valve, poor some bead in plastic tube and blow in tire with very little air pressure. Discover this method when want to put bead through Ariete 85° valve and it work very well but must use very little air pressure and put small amount of bead at one time.

36 inch tube mean not have to bend down when do this.

Use 2 to 3 rear tire per year and 1 front, just love Dynabead.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I prefer to use wheel weights and then add 1 oz of dyna-beads to get a perfect balance. No slow speed out of balance problem and will stay perfectly balanced thru out tire wear. I also run nitrogen instead of compressed air, after a couple of days of riding after tire mounting to eliminate pressure build up from heat. After a couple of days of riding on new tire just stop by big o tires and for $5 a tire you can deflate each tire and fill with nitrogen. I found that I usually run about 2 PSI more with nitrogen because there is no pressure build up. Scoot rides just as smooth cold as it does on a hot summer day on a long ride! SAFE SCOOTIN Jay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts