Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there fellow Burgman people (why did Suzuki name this bike Burgman?):

I just purchased my bike today, and I ordered the OEM Backrest. Has anyone out there installed this himself yet? How easy/difficult is it for someone with basic mechanical skills to do? With the way it looks, I get the impression that drilling is required?

Thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have not installed a Suzuki passenger back rest, but I have had a the Suzuki rear rack and the GIVI passenger backrest that I assume uses the same mounting points. Yes, you do have to drill holes in the plastic rear top panel. There are markings on the under side of the panel were you need to drill the holes. There are also threaded holes under the panel for the bolts to fit into.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Rear Backrest

I ordered one when I bought the bike, they said 1 hr. install, the dealer was busy that day so I took it home to install myself. The install took about 35 min., It's easy, the instructions were very good.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses! :D I have the backrest as part of the purchase deal, with installation too. It looks like something I can handle in my garage, and not have to waste time dropping it off at the dealer.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey there all I just finished installing the OEM passenger backrest. Instructions were good and I followed them to a "T".
The only thing I have to really relay to everyone is the body fasteners that Suzuki use. There quite good and easily removable. If you havent experienced these body panel clips yet let me explain them for you. To release them all you have to do is push the center portion of the clip in. Then the 2 piece clip can be removed and reset for reinstallation.
I would also like to relay that after installing the OEM rest , I like its appearance better. The covering material pattern matches the rest of the Burgman seat and really doesn't look like an accessory. I feel it compliments the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered one with my bike. The fasteners confused me for awhile, but otherwise it was easy to install. My wife is happier now. She was sure I was going to leave her at a stoplight sooner or later. :lol: [/b]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Installation/Removal directions?

I bought my 650 used with the passenger backrest in place. I want to remove it but don't have the installation instructions. Anyone have a copy of the instructions you could scan and send to me?

Regards,

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts