Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Suzuki passenger backrest for my soon to be here AN650, is it possible to use this backrest along with one of the Givi trunks or any other brand or did I waste my money? I may want to add a trunk later. :?:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Have to choose

There's not room for both. they use the same three mounting points... so your gonna havta choose. Sorry
You can get a backrest as an option with the trunk.... but not to many of us are happy with them.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I have the OEM backrest as well. I knew that I wouldnt be able to use both but figured when the time comes that I need more storage I would go for the saddlebags first and then If I need even more storage, I would get the Hump bag and the Top case last. I personally don't like the way the machine looks with the top case by itself. The top case works for me when you have the sidecases with it . Just my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allwalk -

How is the comfort of the backrest? Does it give good support?

:shock: ( looking for an opinion)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well Ksmall I just put it on this winter and my passenger hasnt had time to test it yet. It does look great in my opinion as the material and pattern matches the existing seat . I will take a close up pic of it later tonight and post it for you to see what i'm talking about.

·
Registered
308 Posts
allwalk said:
I have the OEM backrest as well. I knew that I wouldnt be able to use both but figured when the time comes that I need more storage I would go for the saddlebags first and then If I need even more storage, I would get the Hump bag and the Top case last. I personally don't like the way the machine looks with the top case by itself. The top case works for me when you have the sidecases with it . Just my opinion.

what is a hump bag? I know there is no way to put a classic tank bag on the burg. Bag on the burg....urp.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've got the OEM backrest fitted too. Not only does it look good, but it is extremely comfirmtable. Additionally it gives the girlfriend tremendous support when performing over takes, and combined with the well positioned grab rails allows her to sit in comfort all day.

Strongly recommended.

Similarly, I have to agree with AllWalk - for a machine that looks as purposeful as this, it's a bit of a shame to spoil the party with a topbox. But if you need the space, do it. Similar to AllWalk, I've opted for a 19litre hip bag that I wear back to front.

I and am investigating a "floor bag" (that sits on the engine hump) at the moment. Honda offer these for their NSS250 Forza/Jazz/Reflex big scoot - which has it's fuel tank where the AN650s engine is), so it's not beyond the imagination to use that area for luggage.

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/motorcycl ... index.html

Suzuki Japan offer a "centre floor matt" which lies over the engine hump and stops your boots scuffing the hump as you mount and dismount.

http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/skywave6 ... ories.html

If you were to apply tough velcro to that and to a standard large tankbag, I'm sure that would offer a good solution for an additional 30 litres or so - and the all important map pocket that no "scooter" apart from the NSS250 is as yet good at providing.

Has anyone done/thought of something similar?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
abm and Lycheed:
There is a person now who is making a humpbag that fits the 650. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.maxiscooterstuff.com/
I don't know if he has pictures for the Burger (skywave) bag yet. But I have viewed pics of it in one of the yahoo group Burgman forums.

·
Registered
308 Posts
allwalk said:
abm and Lycheed:
There is a person now who is making a humpbag -snip-.
Ingenious:

I have a top quality tank bag that I took off my Nomad after I sold it (snif).

These hump bags are tankbags that lie on the floor from what I see?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Allwalk,

That looks good, but it requires customising the machine which would make it unsaleable here when you come to upgrade.

For that reason, strong velcro on a standard tankbag on the Suzuki centre hump carpet may be a good solution for me - whether it works or not I don't know. It won't be as secure as the customised solution from Maxiscooters, but nor is a regular tank bag on a conventional bike's tank.

Having said that, if you can dig up any pictures of the AN650 adaptation I'd be very interested to see it.

Thanks in advance
Lycheed

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Here you go as requested. I hope the link works. If not I posted them on the temporary Blog page .

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have DJ Ellis' bag. Very good quality. I just installed the GIVI E52NF topcase. I personally believe that the Burgman looks better with it on. I took off the GIVI backrest and put it in storage with the factory windscreen.

Eddie

·
Registered
498 Posts
Edwljoseph, the great thing about motorbikes is that they are emotional things, and therefore touch the heart. Although I may feel that the factory backrest on a white standard Burger looks great, another guy may feel that a topbox on a blue Burger looks best.

Horses for courses - I totally respect that. Taste is by no means universal, and should not be. Diversity is what makes the world an intersting place afterall.

AllWalk, many thanks for the picture. That bag looks massive - it must be in the range of 40 litres or so. The link you posted before tok me to a page that was under contruction, and only had info on how to fit the thing to an NSS250 Reflex. Have you any idea of pricing for this bag for the 650?

One note is that the new 650 LX (ABS) is now on sale in Japan - 925USD more expensive than the standard model. Although the accessories list is not yet uploaded onto the Suzuki website, it is widely rumoured that part of the factory accessories list will be a Suzuki hump bag. I'm not sure of the volume of the thing yet. Once I get further info I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi again Lycheed:
I couldn't find anything to state what its volume maybe. However the price is $69.95 US the $15 dollars shipping for international orders. He makes them for the Silverwing as well. I recommend you drop him an e-mail for more info.
http://www.silverwingstuff.com/info.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts