Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgman 400, 2009, 6,800 miles.
I've had it a week and already put on 300+ miles just tootling around, love it. Anyway, a funny prob had made itself evident. As I take off, but not everytime, I get a 'hoot' like a big owl would make. Sounds like it might come from the front, but, if I'm right it could be reflected sound coming from the CVT cooling air filter inlet (if that is what is what the grill is under the nose of the seat). I'm suspecting it may be a resonance in the tube between the filter and the inlet. It isn't a 'beep' like I've read about elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Aha. I posted a What's that Sound thread a while back, sort of a whiny gasping sound... I think that's it :)

Where is this "pressure relief valve"?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The pressure relief valve on the 400 is located under the rubber flap behind the gas cap. Remove the gas cap and radiator fill plug then raise the flap. The relief valve is black orange and white. Mine is the 08 model.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
My 07 400 only made the vibrato hoot sound when the clutch pads were a bit glazed on take off. When it warms up the glaze gets a bit soupy (I guess) so it doesn't chirp anymore. After a clutch sanding it went away.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is that what that farting sound is lol.... Mine does it sometimes especially on really hot days :)

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
The gas cap on my Burger has never made a sound as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I often notice farting sounds while riding... usually after a meal that includes cruciferous vegetables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts