Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I installed the HiT Clutch in my 07 Burgman 400 about two months ago. It functioned perfectly until a few days ago. It seems to be in partial contact with the clutch bell (Suzuki Part 24-1 in Transmission 1, the "clutch housing"). It sounds as if the bell may be out of round and not perfectly circular anymore. Could anyone advise on how to solve this problem? Has the bell warped so that I need to buy a new one?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you have a dial gauge, this would be pretty easy to check without having to dismantle much of anything. Have you looked at things in that area or are you trying to diagnose by ear? Probably worth a look to see if something has come loose. I can't imagine what would cause the housing to get out of round.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'd check the clutch bell retaining nut to make sure it's tight still. If not torqued quite right, or the threads are worn or have been lubricated before torquing, the nut has been known to come loose. This allows a tiny bit of sideways movement and the belt then makes a rubbing sound on the pulley as it is no longer running in full alignment. I've found one bike like that with these symptoms and that's what it turned out to be. It could be other things also. Are you sure you are not just hearing the rear disc rubbing on the pads? There is always a little misalignment as the discs wear and warp a very minor amount. That's normal. Does the bike pull away smoothly?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
If the bell is not entirely blue, chances are that it's not warped. A little mill job can round the surface at a relatively low cost. Don't forget to roughen it to a dim state too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts