Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new 650 Burgman yesterday. Looking through the manual it says to use 87 octane fuel. Now I'm sure that Suzuki knows what they are talking about but with a compression ratio of more than 11:1 it seems that premium fuel would be needed. I, of course, would rather not pay for premium and hopefully some of you can confirm that you are not having any problems using 87 octane fuel. However, if you experience better engine performance using premium please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The 650 runs great on 87 octane. I also have a 2003 Suzuki V-Strom with even slightly higher compression, and it also runs best on 87 octane. I guess we are in the age of Fuel Injection now - and the FI processors must be programmed for 87 octane.

I've got over 5,000 miles on the V-Strom. tried just 1 or 2 tankfuls of higher octane and it didn't like it (fart stalls when stopping). My 650 has 4,000 miles on it - all with 87 octane.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The dealer at Southland Susuki told me to use high test. I also read the manual requarding 87 was good enough. I am going to try 87 next fill-up. I do not understand how high test could be any worse than 87. This is a great question that needs our experts to express their opinions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts