Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some observations after 3 days of riding and 300 miles.

The back rest has got to go! I am 6' tall with a 32" inseam and I need more leg room. This was made for a shorter person.

At speeds above 55 it starts to get squirrelly(sp?) yes I know I should not go that fast yet but hey.

The mileage has been fantastic approximately 65 - 70. This is why I bought it!

The reaction has been mostly 100% positive ALL two wheelers wave and are pleasant. The guys at work all love it and most want one. A few girls at work made comments like... why didn't you get a real bike, or oh I thought you would have gotten a Harley, etc.

The trunk space is awesome. The ride is great especially in the sweet spot around 50.

I hope these comments are helpful.

Alan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bossman said:
The reaction has been mostly 100% positive ALL two wheelers wave and are pleasant. The guys at work all love it and most want one. A few girls at work made comments like... why didn't you get a real bike, or oh I thought you would have gotten a Harley, etc.
Pretty much the same reaction I get from most people. A lot of riders want to know more about this bike. esp older riders. Had one guy stop me at the store and was talking about he couldn't ride his 750 anymore due to his knee. He was really interested in knowing more about the Burgmans. One guy at work said, "Why didn't you get a REAL bike?" (aka Harley). I said that I ride for enjoyment, not to try and impress anyone. The Burgman is comfortable and fun. Wouldn't trade it...except for a 650 Executive. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
If you increase the preload on the rear suspension, it should help with that "squirrelly" feeling, maybe eliminate it entirely. Also check your tire pressure.

Girls. Bless them. Love to tease the guys. However, girls do also like to have a place to stow stuff - often in short supply on Harley cruisers. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
I had that on my 650, if the shock setting is too low, riding 2 up @ 75 MPH the front can wobble a bit. Stiffin the rear shock, to help keep the front end down (at higher speed the front end wants to get lighter as with most scooters and bikes). If your riding 2 up OR high speed, Max the setting on the rear. I went from a #2 to a #4,
It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone. I adjusted the shock last night . Wow what a difference this morning. Very stable :D

Thanks again.

When I read the 'MOM' I thought the adjustment was only when riding 2 up. Didn't realize the impact on high speed riding.

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts